DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
WWWwombat

Who should/will the Dems run in 2020?

4 minutes ago, CUBAREY said:

No Obama was a candidate you might share a  glass of  Chardenay.  Romeny as a Mormon and an elitest by preference simply abdicated any ability to do so.

Nah. Apparently you missed all those Beers photo ops?

Image result for obama drinking beer

34 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Just now, CUBAREY said:
 35 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Here's one of Romney eating ethnic food

Image result for picture of Romney eating ethnic food

And no sane person would assume that either actually enjoyed either a beer or ethnic food.

9 minutes ago, CUBAREY said:

Here's one of Romney eating ethnic food

Image result for picture of Romney eating ethnic food

And no sane person would assume that either actually enjoyed either a beer or ethnic food.

How cynical of ya.

Why do you believe Obama can't like Beer?

Or that Mr White Romney can't enjoy ethnic food?.... Or at least try it? (Which is more than a lot of kids/people do these days when presented with something they haven't tried before.)

Course, if we want to talk about food and beer.

I still can't forgive Trump for ordering steak overcooked, and then covering it with Ketchup.

I would pay good money to see Gordan Ramsey berate trump over that.

20 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Maybe.

But college kids & Hawaiins love their beer to. And you can like both. It's not black and white, love beer hate wine.

Beer mile with cans of wine is um ... dangerous? I'm not saying I haven't done it, but I'm also not not saying that I haven't done in then tried to go into a club but was turned away because the bouncer didn't buy that I was "sashaying" into the bar.

Edited by Tyzack

12 minutes ago, Tyzack said:

Interesting that their 2016 Republican model does not account for Trump in any way but he was the eventual winner. I think that shows that a candidate can turn such modeling on it's head by following a unique strategy that is outside the thinking of the pundits. Not saying that the eventual Democratic candidate must or will avail him/her of such a strategy only that it's quite possible and would likely be deemed as unexplainable to the "experts' as Trump's victory.

2 hours ago, CUBAREY said:

Interesting that their 2016 Republican model does not account for Trump in any way but he was the eventual winner. I think that shows that a candidate can turn such modeling on it's head by following a unique strategy that is outside the thinking of the pundits. Not saying that the eventual Democratic candidate must or will avail him/her of such a strategy only that it's quite possible and would likely be deemed as unexplainable to the "experts' as Trump's victory.

Trump's primary campaign was facinating to watch. It wasn't a marketplace of ideas or a debate where the most elequent person who would communicate the party platform and build a relationship with voters won, it was a dozen playing that game, and one guy much more winner-take-all/zero-sum version of it.

OR...

1.) Brand a base which will stand by you no matter what - "Shoot someone on 5th ave"

2.) Never care about expanding your pace directly.

3.) Expand your base indirectly by always attacking the current leader, and ignoring everyone else; "low engery jeb", "tiny marco", "lyin' ted" etc; the heard will back the winner. 

The general election was a toss up to due to malaise, Jim Commey, two-factor authentication, and disillusionment. 

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

It comes as nuclear radiated most of the time which is why I only eat steak at home or a steakhouse anymore.

Not every type of food elitist bothers me. Wine elitists for example don't make me mad I just laugh at them.

That's a good way to get stabbed and left for dead.

Also we have very good Chinese food believe it or not.

That's a cool looking fish.

Do not think that the 538 article can accurately be described as showing how Warren could win it mostly points out that while she is a good fund raiser she has many shortcomings among them vying for the same voters as Sanders, being scene by some as Hillary jr., having fared comparatively badly in her re-election in 2018 and not being a very popular Presidential pick even in her home state. 

46 minutes ago, CUBAREY said:

Do not think that the 538 article can accurately be described as showing how Warren could win it mostly points out that while she is a good fund raiser she has many shortcomings among them vying for the same voters as Sanders, being scene by some as Hillary jr., having fared comparatively badly in her re-election in 2018 and not being a very popular Presidential pick even in her home state. 

I didn't even read it.

Silver isn't worth the time imo.

13 hours ago, CUBAREY said:

As a white woman yea, but at least she doesn't have as many corruption angles as Hillary.

IMO she still isn't the best choice for the Democrats. She's not popular enoughNor is she charismatic enough. She might have enough flamebait to trigger democrats/republicans against each other, which generates free press. But I don't think she can keep up with Trump on that.

Harris will announce on MLK day

Harris > Warren 

Edited by Tyzack

10 hours ago, Tyzack said:

Harris will announce on MLK day

Harris > Warren 

That would be some great optics with the right sppeech.

7 hours ago, Tyzack said:

This has been rumored since he was nominated for secretary of housing and urban development in 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/12/politics/julian-castro-presidential-announcement/index.html

Most likely event is that he and O'Rourke will cancel each other out. 

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Hmm, another claiment for the Sanders vote and for the Women's vote. Better optics and less baggage the Warren and decidedly younger but without any real experience or "gravitas". Might be an interesting alternative if the expected Sanders and Warren candidancy are dodes.

It's really just interesting to see a healthy primary campaign in the democratic party. The danger is that if field gets too crowded - opertunists, people who are past their time, and people either too conservative/centrist or liberal/progressive - and the message falls apart.

I think the '04 and '08 primaries were good for the democrats - despite not winning in 04.

The 2016 primary was decided in 2008, sadly. 

36 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Do you think it will be a fair election this time or will the establishment just annoint their pick again?

Well, the canidate which got the most votes win the primary...so...

But, to be honest, I have no idea. What I think - what it looks like is happening - the "establishment" - of the party is focused on Washington, and is operating very hands-off on campaigns, which I think it's a pretty smart (and predictable/standard) move; akin to what Pelosi and Reid did in 08, or what Bohner/McConnel did in 2012 and tried to do in 2016. 

Edited by Tyzack

39 minutes ago, Tyzack said:

But, to be honest, I have no idea. What I think - what it looks like is happening - the "establishment" - of the party is focused on Washington, and is operating very hands-off on campaigns, which I think it's a pretty smart (and predictable/standard) move; akin to what Pelosi and Reid did in 08, or what Bohner/McConnel did in 2012 and tried to do in 2016. 

Considering a good portion of those votes were bought, maybe dont wanna go down that route.

39 minutes ago, Lenlo said:

Considering a good portion of those votes were bought, maybe dont wanna go down that route.

My point was about the strategy of congressional leadership vs campaigns holds. Also, remember that Obama backed neither candidate until after the primaries were over, which is something I think you will see most elected officals do again, basically taking the line "I'm focused on my job in Washington, and I encourage a vigorous primary debate."

3 hours ago, Tyzack said:

Super delegates