DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

December Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

I've been scarce and here is why. My 28 year old son has cancer. That's the bad part. The good part is that it's thyroid cancer (papillary) and has almost 100% cure rate at his age. I flew to Seattle to be with him during his surgery. I was there for 10 days. He also has a very supportive live-in girlfriend. He's back at work this week and is very tired. He saw the surgeon today and is healing well.

I'm glad to hear your son is doing better Ryrin! I will continue to send positive thoughts his way for recovery. 

I am in the final two-weeks before Christmas vacation end of semester slog at work. I graded over 100 essays today (feeling very accomplished!). So very much looking forward to next week's Faculty and Staff Christmas Lunch. They take us out to a nice restaurant and we do a Gift-Swap exchange game and have a nice time. And then break! 

• Club Leader

I'm glad to hear such a positive prognosis for your son. He will get his strength back. 

I'm gearing up for the holidays, and making plans to see my daughter in January. I'm only going for a weekend, but I'm excited. I need a big hug from my grandson. 

had the second to last of the rehearsals last night. due to technical issues my job got a ton easier as now i just need to turn things on and monitor, which led to a spontaneous chat with one of the worship team. we talked nearly the whole rehearsal, of a range of things from abuses suffered, to inner shared struggles, to pet peeves and how to deal with the ‘need’ to be ‘perfect’. it was nice. no annoying small talk that i sincerely suck at. just genuine conversation,  

yeah. we had the kids Christmas program this past sunday. the adult choir is this coming sunday so two rehearsals this week. last night and then half the day saturday. 

and indeed it is. i dont get many opportunities to do that

Aside the break down of my children at school. (I hated being in the principals office as a student, i hate it more as a parent). I've been desparately trying to keep up with the husbands work schedule (i'm his "assistant") but also to prepare the house for our trip north to canada for christmas for two weeks while keeping my sanity with making more art. I recently purchased a panel to put art on at JordanCon 2019 and I'm having the "normal" freak out that maybe i don't have enough good pieces to put up. >.>

I miss christmas choir's. I always in one while I attended church.. but i don't think just to sing is a good reason to go when you're a pagan. >.>

Edited by Arie