DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

December Roll Call (2018)

Ryrin

December's tough for me. I don't care for the cold weather (Northern Hemisphere chauvinist, me.) I don't enjoy the holidays (twenty years of working retail has wrung any Christmas joy out of me.) The shorter days give me the blues. My wife is a Christmas fanatic, and that usually means more work for me (hauling around Christmas decorations, shopping for gifts that will ultimately disappoint her, etc.)

But enough about Negative Ned. In December, my company practically comes to a standstill, as holiday moratoriums prevent us from doing real work. So it's generally an easy time at the office.

i'm with james on the cold. i hate it.  but i do appreciate some hot chocolate. as for december, i always look forward to all the things we do for Christmas, the cookie baking, the cheeseball eating, the eggnog etc. 

• RP - LEGACY

December is emotionally difficult for me, but I try to keep the reason for the season in my heart in spite of it. Still, I do enjoy wrapping presents and seeing them being opened. Might not have a lot of money to work with, but try to get presents that have a special meaning. 

The fact that I get two weeks off work for the holidays? Well, that is part of it! 

Honestly, I love the spirit of the holidays (in the 'love each other, be kind to each other, forgive and help people' in which I was raised that we should be all year round). I love that it seems to infect people in a way that it doesn't the rest of the year, and I love that there are so MANY holidays that people are celebrating, but particularly when people go out of their way to bring love and caring to the people who are having a tough time, for any reason. 

I also love the lights, the decorations.... it brightens up the dark days of winter (I do not enjoy it getting dark before 8-9pm) and makes everything a wonderland instead of bleak. 

I also really love watching other people opening presents. ?  The joy and surprise and happiness makes me feel good. And just spending time with people who care about each other. 

And food. I really love communal baking of delicious things. It's one of the ways my family spends family bonding time. 

• Club Leader

I like the colder weather. But when you have 100-120 degree days in the summer, it can make you like the cold more than it would otherwise. My bones and especially my joints don't like it so much. 

I like the lights and pretty decorations. 

I love the baking and stuff when I have time. This year will be hard, because my daughter and I used to do those things together, and now she's in another state. 

But my favorite thing is watching people open the gifts I bought or made them. 

• 2 weeks later...

December the month is no good for me. 

However, Christmas is the best.  Especially the gift giving.  I love surprising people with gifts and seeing the joy on their faces or hearing about it through social media (which is how I keep in touch with my family nowadays).  My b-i-l posted a video of my niece and nephew opening their gifts last year,  I didn't see it till September of this year.  :rolleyes: Now I go on facebook more often.  LOL