DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Nolder

[Netflix] The Last Kingdom

I feel like this show has gone under the radar despite being very good.

Season 3 just came out is anyone else watching?

I binged seasons 1 and 2 several months back.  Season 3 is on the list of things to watch, but haven't had time for it yet.  Probably won't get to it until January, the way my schedule looks

On 12/1/2018 at 10:36 AM, 2RiversFan said:

I binged seasons 1 and 2 several months back.  Season 3 is on the list of things to watch, but haven't had time for it yet.  Probably won't get to it until January, the way my schedule looks

Might want to bump it up, I'd say season 3 was the best yet. Particularly towards the end. I wont drop any spoilers but the set up for next season has me very excited although it will be a long wait.

Watched the first two seasons and liked them a lot.  Didn't realize the third was out 😄

On 12/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, WWWwombat said:

Watched the first two seasons and liked them a lot.  Didn't realize the third was out 😄

It just came out in Nov.

Among it being one of my favorite periods of history, I find the liberal use of the word "turd" amusing.

I always get extremely bored when anyone in a British period piece says "arse".

Is it really that common or is it just overused in media to signal to the audience they're watching Brits/Scots/Irish?

IIRC, it's a common but variant spelling, but seeing as the English drop their R's and often pronounce A's with the tongue towards front of the mouth, the pronunciation ends up being about the same.  Don't know about Scots/Irish as they tend not to drop their R's.  Maybe someone from the British Isles can weigh in.