DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
lkpippins

Using physical water

Can anyone tell me why in ANP Moiraine used Air,Water with a touch of Earth to draw water from a pond. While Aviendha used just Air and Water to do the same in tGS in the chapter “the death of Adrian”

Because Aviendha was taught by Wise Ones, whom had Aes Sedai from the Age of Legends to teach the first Wise Ones, and so the knowledge of that weave, and others, was passed down.

I mean just in general we know there are different ways to do the same thing even among AS, and we've seen that other groups of Channelers differ as well.

so, I'm sure you've all at least heard of the theories that talk about how our world is one of the ages.

How does the arbitrary difference between earth, air, and water compare with that?

they are all just combinations of various elements.

How you learn I guess, we know there are different ways to do some weaves.  So someone like Moiraine might of used a little earth since to her it might of seemed logical to use it, or that was how she was taught.  The Aes Sedai especially are big into it's always been done this way and it's dangerous to experiment with weaves.  So there is no real incentive for the Aes Sedai to find new/different ways to do something.  it's important to remember when Moiraine did that she was still a pretty new Aes Sedai, with experience she might of used a different method,

Edited by Sabio