DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Using physical water

lkpippins

• 1 month later...

How you learn I guess, we know there are different ways to do some weaves.  So someone like Moiraine might of used a little earth since to her it might of seemed logical to use it, or that was how she was taught.  The Aes Sedai especially are big into it's always been done this way and it's dangerous to experiment with weaves.  So there is no real incentive for the Aes Sedai to find new/different ways to do something.  it's important to remember when Moiraine did that she was still a pretty new Aes Sedai, with experience she might of used a different method,

Edited by Sabio

• 2 years later...

I forgot that there are different weaves that can be used to accomplish what the channeler desires. Of course, there are different weaves used to achieve the desired effect. Moiraine thought of this when she was in her test for the shawl, she mention that there were several ways to make fire and she chose the easier one. Also, Aviendha was likely taught be Elayne different weaves like she learned to control the weather from Elayne who was taught be a windfinder. The argument that the wise ones were taught be the ancient Aes Sedai doesn't make sense especially when the Aiel lived in the desert and this weave and alternative way she used in putting out the fire she likely learned from Elayne as well as the weave she used in the chapter "the Death of Adrin."

Edited by lkpippins
To refine my post and correct grammatical errors.