DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

November Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

Write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November.

That's it. 1667 words per day, no excuses. Just do it. Don't stress about writer's block, don't re-write because you decided near the end that your character's hair color should be auburn, not blonde. Don't wait until you have the perfect first line. Just write, write, write.

I know many authors who said having this enforced schedule was the kick in the pants they needed to finish the damn book.

Wow. I think making you push like that is good. You could always go back and edit it.

Planning to go on a bike ride today, it's one of the physical activities I can still do. The weather is gorgeous. I wish it was like this all year round. 

I made some banana bread the other day. It was really good and didn't last long around here. I'm thinking of baking some pumpkin bread.

Edited by Ryrin

Basically the same way you would any other squash? I've seen them cooked a few ways. Sliced and roasted is probably the easiest and then removing the flesh from the rind (this is what we do often with acorn squash because of how annoying they are to peel). You'd remove the seeds the same way you would normally, then cut up the pumpkin and roast it. 

I haven't made a pumpkin soup before though, so I need to find out if it's easiest to roast it to get it off and 'then' puree it (which seems the most logical to me) to make soup. 

On 11/4/2018 at 9:21 PM, LadyWordsmith said:

Basically the same way you would any other squash? I've seen them cooked a few ways. Sliced and roasted is probably the easiest and then removing the flesh from the rind (this is what we do often with acorn squash because of how annoying they are to peel). You'd remove the seeds the same way you would normally, then cut up the pumpkin and roast it. 

I haven't made a pumpkin soup before though, so I need to find out if it's easiest to roast it to get it off and 'then' puree it (which seems the most logical to me) to make soup. 

So ther stringy stuff goes first?

On 11/5/2018 at 8:28 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

This is a fun thing to do with a pumpkin. 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-stew/

Pumpkin-Stew_exps1328_TH2028C37C_RMS-1-696x696.jpg.dd2a36b1013aaab42b42fc8a7712041b.jpg

That look great! Yum!

23 hours ago, Arie said:

First Inktober, now nanowrimo... *is an illusive one these days*

Hello !!! Glad to see you back. Don't forget roll call! nanowrimo is keeping a lot of people busy, I'll bet. How is it going?

5 hours ago, Ryrin said:

So ther stringy stuff goes first?

I would presume so, since in cutting it up you'd have to remove that part anyway, but you wouldn't necessarily have to go through the effort of trying to cut out all the flesh part while it's solid and thick if you sliced it up and roasted it first. A few cuts instead of lots of scraping/removal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good! We had a much bigger crowd than usual (which is to say, 19 instead of 11). I got to see a couple of cousins I almost never get to see, but they were in town for my aunt's birthday. She turned 70 this year! So we had tons of food, and I made the pecan and pumpkin pies (using the exact recipe our Granny always used, that my mother learned from her and taught me.) The weather turned out pretty and we were able to sit outside and enjoy it after eating.