DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Solo

Nolder

So I watched this recently.

I thought I wasn't going to like it because it had a lot of negative hype around it and also it flopped...but it was actually ok?

I mean it had problems and it was far from my favorite star wars movie but ehhh it was alright.

Way better than TLJ anyway. As far as spin offs go Rogue One was superior if only because it actually tied the original series and the prequel together.

Solo was a movie that no one asked for and never needed to happen.

Ranking of star wars movies is hard, since they are all cheesy at best, but saddled with 30 years of cultural significance.

My review of both of the spin offs so far is that I think they were both better than the new sequels...

Sticking with Solo; the movie was basically the story of a street urchin and his coming of age story to how he became a smuggler. If you look at it from that perspective, it did quiet well.

See, I thought TFA was basically fine. I mean it has a few problems but literally every Star Wars film does none of them are perfect. TFA was very safe. It was almost literally A New Hope and while we've seen it before we also know we liked it before so there wasn't much that could go wrong. Rogue One and Solo are both well below TFA imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d agree that Solo and Rogue One are better than (both now) of the main sequels. Like Ty said it’s got its cheesy moments but the actor who plays young Han did well with the sort of swagger/quippiness you’d expect after Ford.

If you like Star Wars, I’d recommend watching it despite the critics.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:27 AM, Andrej said:

If you like Star Wars, I’d recommend watching it despite the critics.

I'm gonna wait for it to come out on netflix or whatever

Like Marvel, Lucasfilm is going to have to make a special effort to get my money at the theater from here on out.

Edited by Krakalakachkn