A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hurricane

Ryrin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Ireond said:

Tallahassee, Florida here.  Should be an interesting time.  Will attempt to check back in when it's over and done with

Thank you. I was hoping our people would check in. 

Panama City here. We are battening the hatches. Our home is not in a mandatory evacuation zone so we are not worried about storm surge (would take a 22-ft storm surge to get to us), I'm more worried about the wind, especially with respect to my horses. And since we had no way or time to evacuate them, leaving was not an option, IMO. Hubby tried to get me to take the boys to North Georgia but it would have just followed us there.

My workplace closed at 11 a.m. today and we are not to return until at least Friday.

I will check in as often as I can but it all depends whether we have power or not.

The "good" news is that it's moving fast and won't be sticking around and dumping major amounts of rainfall.

They have a run-in shelter that is pretty sturdy wall-wise.  There's a good possibility the roofing panels will not survive the onslaught, however.

I've heard it may be a Cat 4 by the time it makes landfall. It's going to be a pretty hair-raising experience, I think.

We're still outside trying to board up most of our windows. We have discovered we do not have enough of the plylock clips so we are having to pick and choose windows. We are choosing the windows that are at most risk and/or on the side of the house we'll be spending most of our time in.

I'm wishing now we had forked out the money for the German metal exterior blinds when we had the house built. I'd gladly trade some square footage now for safer windows! Hindsight is 20/20 . . . 

On 10/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, Daruya said:

Panama City here. We are battening the hatches. Our home is not in a mandatory evacuation zone so we are not worried about storm surge (would take a 22-ft storm surge to get to us), I'm more worried about the wind, especially with respect to my horses. And since we had no way or time to evacuate them, leaving was not an option, IMO. Hubby tried to get me to take the boys to North Georgia but it would have just followed us there.

My workplace closed at 11 a.m. today and we are not to return until at least Friday.

I will check in as often as I can but it all depends whether we have power or not.

The "good" news is that it's moving fast and won't be sticking around and dumping major amounts of rainfall.

I had a message from Dar earlier today. She said the wind was howling and the power was out but they are safe.

In a harrowing two hours, Hurricane Michael devastates Panama City

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/10/hurricane-michaels-assaults-panama-city-florida/1596550002/

Edited by Ryrin