DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

October Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

*yawns, stretches, waves back as she crawls into work* 

Alive! Had a great visit to the zoo yesterday. The just opened a huge new Sanctuary Asia exhibit. The dragons were particularly active (Komodo dragons :cool: ). We spent the whole day at the zoo, which also has a fishing cat kitten right now, and four young (though mostly full size) tigers, who are very playful. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds awesome! I love Mediterranean food. 

Work has tried to eat me the past couple of weeks. Whoever designed the curriculum I'm teaching from did not balance out the grading particularly well. This one unit has almost twice as much in it as the others (which would not be bad, except that I have over 180 students and they turned in four assignments in a week-and-a-half that all had short essays or were full-length essays). 

Though we went to a great little SCA event last weekend (and Coronation the weekend before!). Coronation was glorious. The stepping down was a modification of the end of Henry IV, and the reign is apparently going to be inspired by/themed around Shakespeare's Henry V. The Coronation included Shakespearean themed original music, along with the acting and a monologue on the part of the prince (now the King). It was glorious! The Church we held it in even had variable colored lighting in the sanctuary, which they made good use of for staging. 

Then this last weekend a local Canton held their first event ever. The site was pretty (up in the foothills of the Ozarks), and the weather was perfect (chilly but not overly cold). There were some classes, and it was very relaxed, and they had an ambitious feast. We had a good time. I am told their was fighting, but I never got that far after classes, and hanging out around the children's activities, which were run by some friends of mine. 

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! (Not the school part) A Baroney near us has invited us to their all day Yule celebration. It's Roman themed and I'm Roman. I'd like to go. I just have to see if the timing works.