DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cross

Because...

he did me the honor of asking. throwing a little introverted party since i just bonded @thehumantrashcan as my warder today. 

good old fashioned campfire fun for everyone

13-Funny-Campfire-Stories-Youll-Want-to-

so  brownie s'more's 

peanut-butter-stuffed-smores-brownie.jpg

coffee and hot chocolate

coffee-camping-777x437-e1499878247739.jp

large-e1499878369869.jpg

and some more substantial food

hot%20dogs%20over%20the%20fire.jpg

dont ask us where we got the money for the party......

*whispering*

Er, I mean, hi everyone, excited to be here.  Didn't mean to interrupt your reading.

Nah, I'm just kidding I know you browns like to have a good time.  Excited to get to know you all better.

Congratulations! I hope you guys will have a long and happy Bond :)

Congratulations to both of you. Bondings are fun. *grabs some hot cocoa and a hot dog*

This is an awesome way to celebrate too. 

You two are just precious!! Congratulations on the bond! 

*settles in to slowly roast perfectly melty marshmellows with perfect aes sedai patience*

2 hours ago, Minuet said:

This is an awesome way to celebrate too. 

haha well the fire tends to pacify oskar some. plus give him a pointy stick to fry things with he's happy. 

and thanks everyone!

32 minutes ago, Cross said:

haha well the fire tends to pacify oskar some. plus give him a pointy stick to fry things with he's happy. 

and thanks everyone!

This is true, pointing sticks are fun and food is wonderful.  You guys ever do those tin foil meals where you cut up a bunch of veggies like Zucchini, potatoes, onions, etc. add some pieces of meat, usually sausage, some kind seasoning or sauce, wrap it up in foil and put it in the coals of a fire?  It takes a bit of time but wow is it good.  If I'm doing a multi day hike I love doing it the first night as the ingredients are too heavy to keep past the first day.

I love tin foil dinners. I do mine with ground beef due to dietary restrictions. I also love Dutch oven cooking over a hot coal. We haven’t done much camping since the boys got married and moved out. I was hoping to go camping this fall, but our business is interfering with the plans. Too many other trips. I love camping. The more primitive the better for me. Of course, I say that and am reminded I can't sleep on the ground anymore. I can't lay flat, so I have no clue what I will do when we do get to go camping. 

Enjoy your hiking trip. Yes, when backpacking you can't carry much and you have to carry out the trash too. So, limits what you can take. 

1 minute ago, thehumantrashcan said:

OH YES, Tinfoil peach cobbler!! So good!

That is it. Have you ever made it in a dutch oven?

PEACH COBBLER!!!!!  *tackles ryrin* you are an angel.

and thanks lily. 

i havent done whole meals in aluminum but i have done chicken and fish. mostly fish. have been tempted to though. you guys have a favorite one? 

Super late to the party, but congrats guys!! Much love to you both :p 

Oooh I am not a fan of fires, so I will go busy myself making the hot chocolates if anyone would like one :p 

I would like one, please. My son just mentioned he can’t wait for hot chocolate weather.

4 hours ago, thehumantrashcan said:

Were I live we're already getting frost in the morning so that kind of weather has already arrived.  Send me a hot chocolate please.

Where I live the high temperature for the day is still over 100F.  We should see it back down in the 90s within a few weeks.