DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

On my Umpteenth re-read...

idiotsavant

I have started my annual re-read of the series (Currently in the middle of tDR) and am still amazed at the quality of this series. I have read so many series by other authors. Some I enjoyed immensely, others... not so much. But the WoT is just as good the 20th time you read it as the first. It was what I binged before I knew what Netflix was. It was what I took off work for the day a new book came out. Just amazes me how gripping these books are and how they have become so intertwined with my life. (I even named my first daughter Elayna fercryinoutloud!) 

This doesn't really have a point, I guess. I just wanted to share how much I love this series.

May you find water and shade.

Matt

53 minutes ago, idiotsavant said:

I have started my annual re-read of the series (Currently in the middle of tDR) and am still amazed at the quality of this series. I have read so many series by other authors. Some I enjoyed immensely, others... not so much. But the WoT is just as good the 20th time you read it as the first. It was what I binged before I knew what Netflix was. It was what I took off work for the day a new book came out. Just amazes me how gripping these books are and how they have become so intertwined with my life. (I even named my first daughter Elayna fercryinoutloud!) 

This doesn't really have a point, I guess. I just wanted to share how much I love this series.

Matt

I agree with you completely! And I also did the whole binge reading thing, including taking a week's leave each time a new book came out just to do that ... LoL

Thank you for sharing, Matt - it's always so nice to hear there are others who feel the same way about it. Hope you hang around here and join in with the Social Groups!

On 9/5/2018 at 12:48 PM, idiotsavant said:

Matt

I think most of us hardcore fans took a day off when the next book hit shelves or RJ came to town on a book signing tour.   I took have done many rereads of the series, but I have done the audiobooks more than the books.  I used to start with Eye and go through the entire series listening until I fell asleep, and start over.  It took two months to get through them all, and to spice things up I'd add in New Spring once in a while as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 3:41 PM, Orderofolde said:

I think most of us hardcore fans took a day off when the next book hit shelves or RJ came to town on a book signing tour.   I took have done many rereads of the series, but I have done the audiobooks more than the books.  I used to start with Eye and go through the entire series listening until I fell asleep, and start over.  It took two months to get through them all, and to spice things up I'd add in New Spring once in a while as well.

I loved New Spring. I really wish we were able to get the prequel RJ planned to cover the end of New Spring to the beginning of Eye of the World. That book would have covered the 20 years of searching.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mighty Chin said:

I haven’t reread it since the last book was released. Been waiting for it to be fresh. 

So...you're telling me your personal Wheel hasn't turned enough for history to fade to legend, legend to myth, and the myths themselves forgotten when the Wheel turns to it once more?

:3

18 hours ago, Maedelin said:

So...you're telling me your personal Wheel hasn't turned enough for history to fade to legend, legend to myth, and the myths themselves forgotten when the Wheel turns to it once more?

:3

LoL ... well done there! :wink: