DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why did you decide to commit yourself to the group you did?

Lord Luc

I've already seen why you pledged to Shayol Ghul, but why did you choose your group, Black Ajah, Dreadlord, or Trolloc? As I near being able to select one, I'm curious what different people think of theirs. Personally, I've been leaning towards Black Ajah,  as I don't like to think of myself as a Monster, even though some may due to my, over excessive wolf killing habits. So what do you think and why?

• Club Leader

When you reach 100 pts, you are invited to one of the factions. You can choose to decline and petition another faction, and they will give you an opportunity to earn your way in. It is rarely done. So, most people don't choose their faction. It chooses them. Still, you can learn a lot about the factions from a thread like this. 

Oh, and 15 pts for starting this discussion. 

How do the faction leaders choose their members? I read the descriptions of all three factions, and I know which one I think sounds like me, but I'm curious as to how each faction's leaders and/or Chosen make the decisions.

Edited by Adastreia

havent been one long but i base it on personality, behavior on the boards. which faction persona best fits the person's persona. there is a difference. like i know where i'd suggest you and illian. 

you're like ten points from it. honestly if you kiss up to me (i.e. M&M's , cake, saying please or annoying illian) i'll just boost you over the top. 

and you can ask. i wont answer though :P 

Edited by Cross

Ha, yeah, sorry about that! As the mods already mentioned, though, no one really chooses their own factions. That's why I asked how the faction leaders choose their members. I'd speculate about which one I think fits my personality best (I have a pretty definite idea), but I think I should wait 'til they tell me.

• Club Leader

I'll go back and answer your question, Luc. I originally was invited to the Shadowspawn. I saw myself more as Black Ajah, but I accepted it because my best friend really wanted me in his faction (He was Chosen.) Which, by the way, is no reason to accept the invite. I later applied for Head of Black Ajah and got it, so I felt at home there. They have said that the BA is the training ground for the DO. Apparently, the last three or four DOs were BA Head first. 

I felt I was BA because I am more sly and cunning, rather than using brute force to get my way.