DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Suddenly the book is real......

Minuet

Okay, you suddenly discover that you are living in what some have coined Randland. 

What age would you want it to be?

What race would you choose?

What faction/ group/ profession would you choose?

What part would you want to play in the Boring/ Breaking/ or Last Battle?

The deal is you can not choose one of the characters from the books. Really think about what you would do IRL if you suddenly were there. 

Be specific. I know we have the roleplaying section, but really if you were there, when, what, who, etc....

• Club Leader

Good topic. 15 pts for Minuet. 

I'd want to be young, say 15 - innkeeper's daughter. I'm not sure what race I'd want to be, maybe Andoran. (I really need to read more of the books before attempting to sound like I know what I'm talking about...) 

With my natural curiosity, I'd pester the poor travelers for information about faraway places and stuff. I'd probably be in trouble with Papa a lot. 

Good lord that is Egwene. *giggles* So, different small town and inn. 

I would want to be from Saldaea, time period would be during Davram Bashere's reign, so pre the Last Battle. Born somewhere around 975 NE.

I would want to be from the town of Irinjavar. The family trade would be horse breeding and training and of minor nobility. I, of course, would fight in the Last Battle with a nice assortment of knives and my fists.

I would say that the sa'sara is scandalous and not admit to knowing how to dance that way, but still would be very proficient at it.  

Since Saldaea lost so many during the last battle, most of my family probably didn't survive. I would think that I would take up the sword from my father if my mother also fell. If I had no surviving brothers I would take over the horse breeding for the next army. After all, we raise the best light cavalry horses in the land. I am also a whiz at training.

i honestly dont know. havent finished the series yet so my thoughts may change but so far i'm waffling between two things. 

one being a brown aes sedai before rand was born, nestled into a quiet two rivers-esque village quietly researching some obscure thing in the nearby mountains. or studying some rare mineral. 

second is same time period, but an aiel, maiden of the spear. the culture is fascinating and wise ones are too political. and i like the interaction between all the maidens. plus being able to fight like that would be pretty cool

• 2 weeks later...

I currently live in the hot desert. I would not want to be an Aiel irl. I need my A/C. 

If I had to be an Aiel, a Wise One who does dreamwalking would be my preference. However, I might have started out as a maiden and had to go WO due to the ability to channel.

Would I be able to channel? If so: I'd want to be trained in the Power, of course, but I am REALLY not a fan of Aes Sedai and the way the White Tower is run, so I'd take advantage of their teachings, then deliberately fail my Accepted test so I could leave in peace. Then I'd go to the Black Tower (I've always related better to the Asha'man than the Aes Sedai) and align myself with them instead. They may not like Tar Valon-trained women, but I think they'd come to see that my knowledge/abilities would be an asset to them. My favorite character is the M'Hael, but since this is supposed to be realistic, I'd join Logain's faction; I'm more likely to live longer following Logain than Taim. 

If I couldn't channel: I'd be Andoran, and a member of the MINOR nobility (I'd like to live comfortably, but without the responsibilities and drama of a more important political player). While I love combat sports and the idea of being a warrior, I would hate to be constrained by the intense Aiel honor code (although I admire it greatly, it's just not me). I see myself as more of a Birgitte (with a touch of Ish), personality-wise. I would not follow the Dragon Reborn, because frankly, I think he's an ass (is it acceptable to call someone an ass on DM?). but I wouldn't serve the Dark One, either.

If I were really a part of that world (all RP-ing aside), I see myself as someone whose goals would be compatible with the Shadow's (I do so enjoy mayhem), but I wouldn't swear myself to the Dark One, or serve him. So I'd be a Shendla, basically. With similar taste in men, I might add; I can see myself following Demandred. XD

Edited by Adastreia