DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

One Power 'nets'

Talmanes

So in my reread I was at the Cleansing and for the first time I recall in the series we hear the term 'net' when referring to weaves if the Power.

It starts with the Forsaken, then the Asha'man and Aes Sedai, then seems to keep being used.

Am I crazy or did that term just come out of nowhere? I don't recall it being used before but it seems to be used often after that point.

Might be crossover from LTT.  In his day weaves and nets were called "webs" iirc, but we see the term "nets" used with some of the weaves when the girls are together, especially when they figure out how to change their appearance, I believe.  Some of the forsaken are seen in character thinking of what they were doing as spinning or casting webs, especially referring to compulsion or maybe punishment weaves.

I remember "net" standing out as an unusual reference during the cleansing, but I just finished tGS and I don't think net was used once.

"Webs" I seem to recall were the standard "ancient person" term through the series for flooble-sewing or whatever the kids these days call their brain lines.

Edited by Wulf

I did just get to the part in CoT where Rand thinks of 'spinning a web' and says that is LTT it came from.

I guess maybe it was just one of those things the author uses once, then was fresh in the brain and keeps using it for a bit.