DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

August Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

My son is a firefighter-EMT.  He was up at the Ferguson Fire by Yosemite for two weeks. I'm proud of him but very relieved when he came home.

We bought a year's pass to Kings Canyon National Forest and Sequoia National Forest. I spent Sunday  up there and went to the coast yesterday with a girlfriend. Fun!

I am glad your son is back and safe! Also grateful he was up there working. My husband used to be a firefighter in Virginia (in his HS and college days) and did a summer training for groundfires in California. We get a lot of grass ones out here, usually in the dry spell between winter and spring. They suck. 

The forest sounds wonderful! I've always wanted to go, but have not yet made it. :smile:

I just started back at work for the year. Teacher meetings here are actually fun, so I enjoyed our day of face-to-face and starting to get things ready for my class. Since I am teaching the same classes this year, my planning is minimal compared to last year! 

My son is not ready to start classes on the 13th. 8th grade here he comes! 

• Club Leader

I'm also grateful to your son for helping on the fire. I appreciate our fire personnel a lot! That's Min's influence on me, I'll admit it. 

I started my ASU orientation today. It's kinda weird to be back in school at my age, but I do love college, so that will help. 

Thank you for your appreciation of my son’s work.

Lady, the forest is sooo wonderful. The sun through the trees, the smell, the sounds of the birds and critters along with the running water in the streams and rivers.

Lily, you are a “reentry” student! 

Edited by Ryrin

Your son has chosen an honorable profession.  Then again I am biased. 

Oh, the forest. I dream of having a home in the forest. We use to live in pine trees. I miss it a lot. 

I was caught out in one of our dust storms and now can hardly breathe. I hate my allergies. Not to mention my lungs have been nothing but trouble since I had pneumonia last winter. At least I have all the breathing machine and meds I could possibly need. 

The sewing class was fun. We signed up for part two.

I've escaped bad air for a time. Now it's got me. I'm using my nebulizer. My oldest son called me from Seattle. Both he and my brother in law say the smoke is bad. My son says he has ash all over his car. It's from Canada.

The good news is that my son and his girlfriend were in LA last week and we drove down with my youngest son and his girlfriend. We went to two museums, out for lunch (Jewish deli), drinks and dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant. My oldest son's girlfriend is Chinese.

It went really well, thanks! My guests were happy, con-goers enjoyed their panels, and the overall Con ran smoothly with no major hiccups! 

This weekend we had my son's 13th birthday, and our 17th Wedding anniversary. My son wanted to try an Escape Room, so we took him, his closest friends, and all made a go at it. Had a good time, and completed it with 36 seconds left! Then as a family we went to the zoo (they have a new fishing cat kitten who is a joy to watch, and the tiger cubs were playing in the water. Great day).