DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If You Could Apprentice Under One Of The Chosen...

Ayend'an

If you were given the opportunity to apprentice under one of the thirteen original Chosen (well, thirteen main Chosen, since I know there were others in the Age Of Legends), which would you choose? Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that something about you is so indispensable that the Chosen you chose as a mentor would never seriously harm you (yeah, I know). For example, Semirhage would never torture you, Moridin would never make you explode with the True Power, and so on.

I know my general order of favorites. For men, it's: Moridin/Ishamael tied with Demandred, Asmodean, Osan'gar/Aginor, Aran'gar/Balthamel, Be'lal, Sammael, then Rahvin. For women: Lanfear, Mesaana, Semirhage, Moghedien, then Graendal.

I think I'd probably have to go with Moridin, for two reasons: 1) he's (or she's, here) Nae’blis, and 2) I'd really love to discuss philosophy with him. If I were basing my decision on which Chosen I like the most as a person, however, it'd be Demandred. And Asmodean and Aran'gar/Balthamel would be my road trip friends. XD

I had to exclude M'Hael from this list, 'cuz that would make it WAY too easy for me. XD

Edited by Adastreia
Reason for edit? Erm...OCD.

• Club Leader

I'd love to participate in this discussion, but that would require having knowledge I don't possess. Someday I will read more of these books. I promise. 

Meanwhile, good topic. 15 pts to Adastreia

Edited by LilyElizabeth

5 minutes ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I'd love to participate in this discussion, but that would require having knowledge I don't possess. Someday I will read more of these books. I promise. 

Meanwhile, good topic. 15 pts to Adella

You mean me? Oh, and I forgot to add, if I were to pick one of the female Forsaken, it'd be Mesaana. Lanfear may be my favorite, but I don't think I'd learn much from her except for what color underwear Lews Therin preferred and things like that. XD

1 hour ago, Adastreia said:

Lanfear may be my favorite, but I don't think I'd learn much from her except for what color underwear Lews Therin preferred and things like that. XD

That is so true. Besides she would never willingly teach someone else. After all they might obtain more power than her. 

I think either Graendal or Rahvin. Compulsion is such an interesting weave. It would be an interesting talent to master it. 

3 minutes ago, Minuet said:

That is so true. Besides she would never willingly teach someone else. After all they might obtain more power than her. 

I think either Graendal or Rahvin. Compulsion is such an interesting weave. It would be an interesting talent to master it. 

I agree that it'd be great to learn Compulsion, but learning from either of them would make me very uncomfortable. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, Niniel said:

Moridin - because in my head he is really yummy. :D And he is the only one that truly understand the DO.

Graendal - improving my Compulsion would be good. 

I agree about Moridin! XD I have a serious thing for Moridin, Demandred, and M'Hael.

I'm tied between Moghedien, Ishmael, and Rhavin.

I'd love and have played the part of being behind the scenes, pulling all the strings when others think it's themselves, but I'd love the idea of apprenticing under who I believe was the original Nae'blis and learning a little about the True Power and how to use it. But learning Compulsion would be very useful for many purposes.