DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Children's names

Guest Stefania Sedai

I've named numerous MMORPG characters after WOT characters...but I don't really think there's any name in the books I would consider saddling a child with.

Rand isn't bad and neither is Perrin, most are too cumbersome though. I have a pet peeve with people who give their children really erm...different names. It bugs me that people don't seem to take time to consider that their child has to live with this name. :P

I like the name Serafelle.

I also like Bain and Aviendha from the women and I like Perrin from the men.

I'm only in the third book and already there are too many names to choose from!

I like Morgase too,but it's not for this world...

And then there's the translation for two names that I like but could never use:

In Dutch ''Min'' means ''less'' and some other things in that sense

And ''Rand'' means ''ledge''...that would be strange... :(

I have just started reading about Berelain and I was instantly crazy about that name! Also,I identified with her after reading only one scene with her...

So I did a test on WoTmania.com and guess what? I'm Berelain!!!

I have thought about it actually. I love a good many of the names throughout the books. I love unusal names, I only wish my name were as cool as some of the names in the series. I would have to say that Aviendha is probably one of my favorites for a girl, and for a boy... either Perrin or Mazrim.

Wow. I was suprised to see two pages of responses to this question. Until I read them, I thought that they'd all be people who'd given their kids WoT names. Turns out, I'm the only one. My husband and I didn't want to go too over-the-top, though. Our youngest son's middle name is Therin.

Wow. I was suprised to see two pages of responses to this question. Until I read them' date=' I thought that they'd all be people who'd given their kids WoT names. Turns out, I'm the only one. My husband and I didn't want to go too over-the-top, though. Our youngest son's middle name is Therin.[/quote']

LOL, his first isn't Louis is it?

Archived