DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

SuperCon: Cosmere Character Discussion

WolfbrotherKronos

Here we can discuss our favorite characters from Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Universe.  Feel free to share any characters that you like, but keep in mind that some haven't read all of these works, so it might be prudent to spoiler tag some things.

Also - spoilers tags do not appear in email notifications, so if you are crazy about not reading spoilers, I would suggest not subscribing.

You have been warned!

Edited by WolfbrotherKronos
Spoiler Warning Added

By far, my favorite character in Mistborn was Sazed.  He also stands as one of my favorite characters of all time!

I like him because, well he is sort of like me.  He is kind and thoughtful, often thinking before doing.  For a Terrisman, however, he is also somewhat impulsive.  The fact that he is a part of the Skaa rebellion is one instance where this shows.  Also - how cool is Feruchemy!!!! Seriously one of my favorites magic systems ever.

The following contains spoilers from the original Mistborn Trilogy

I leapt for joy when I found out that Sazed was the Hero of Ages.  I just think that we don't expect the quiet scholarly types to be the heroes of the tales.  It was awesome to see this play out, and to be honest I didn't see it coming until it happened.  I think it's pretty great writing on Sanderson's part.

11 minutes ago, Adella said:

Can I pick a favorite from each world?? Lol

Tied for top are Jasnah and Sarene, which just goes to show I apparently have a deep appreciation for strong women in leadership roles.

You can pick your favorites from each world - just love talking characters.

I recognize the name Jasnah, but it's been awhile since I've read Stormlight Archive.  I need to do a reread.

I love Wayne: he's got that whole seeking redemption thing going on, but it's also intriguing how he's smarter than others give him credit for, particulary when comparing to Wax, and I think he uses that to his advantage.

And Steris has really grown on me as well.

20 minutes ago, Elaevia said:

I love Wayne: he's got that whole seeking redemption thing going on, but it's also intriguing how he's smarter than others give him credit for, particulary when comparing to Wax, and I think he uses that to his advantage.

And Steris has really grown on me as well.

Wayne started out as annoying to me and then he grew on me for the reasons you said above. His whole redemption is cool - and yes he’s very intelligent. 

Im in Shadows of Self and so haven’t finished the newer trilogy, but Steris is beginning to grow on me as well. 

On 03/07/2018 at 8:54 PM, Songstress said:

Controversial opinion:

I love Adolin Kholin.

He's adorable.

Although I think my favorite Stormlight Archive character may be Pattern.

I was coming here to type this, I love Adolin!

He gets such a bad rap when actually he is a very nice guy. He's my second favourite. I'm a big Dalinar fan. I think he's awesome.

Also side note, I always pronounced Jasnah with a hard "J" sound but apparently its more "Y" sounding. Like Yasnah. 

• Elgee locked this topic