Songstress

The Stand Mafia [Advanced] - GAME OVER - TOWN AND NOTBOB WIN!

1 minute ago, Eternal Phoenix said:

I am surprised DPR went for you instead of me this last phase even though what I predicted happened

No matter what we were never voting anyone but AJ. He made sense. You didn’t as much. 

I’m not lol. There was no way I was getting out of Marsh seeing me murder Cory - I was just trying to wiggle and kick as long as I could. Too many townies cleared to each other for me to outlast in the long run. Y’all were strong the whole game.

A few little wrinkles that might have played out very interestingly indeed...

AJ and Hallia had an extra aspect to their roles as the leaders of the good vs. evil crews, which they were not told about in their role PMs.

If AJ had been killed (he could have been targeted with a vigilante shot, had one been randed from the Prophet of God role), or if he had been lynched with other mafia still alive, he would have been given the opportunity to anoint one person to be lynchproof the following day phase.  No votes on that person would have counted.

The same applied to Hallia when she was night killed - she selected Dice to be lynchproof D2, by the way, but nobody bothered to vote him, so it didn't become a factor.   If Hallia was lynched, the custom role (Town Virgin variant) would have applied.

If Eldrick had outlived Hallia, when she died, he would have been passed a portion of the mantle of the Prophet of God, and been able to distribute one gift during day phase (randed between cop, tracker, and vigilante).  He would not have been given the passive tracker result, but it would have kept the potential for extra cop, tracker, or vig roles in the game.

And NotBob's role had a variety of interesting ways it could have interacted with the rest of the players:

Randall Flagg - can't be targeted
Lloyd Henreid - Executioner ability will janitor the lynch result and it will only be revealed to the mafia team
Trashcan Man - Bus driver may select a third target, actions will be directed 1 > 2> 3> 1
Nadine Cross - If targeted by a cop will return a "town" result for that night only

Mother Abigail - A fourth randomized gift will be sent directly to the Catalyst, and Mother Abigail will receive two tracker results
Stu Redman - Will also receive a cop result on the person that is jailed
Fran Goldsmith - If Mother Abigail has died, inventor ability will also send an additional randomized gift to the Catalyst. If Mother Abigail is still alive, will receive a sensor result (number of mafia players on the previous day phase's lynch train) in addition to the Oracle result.
Nick Andros - will receive a double vote the following day phase OR any 1x abilities will be increased
Tom Cullen - will receive a double vote the following day phase OR any 1x abilities will be increased
Larry Underwood - will receive a double vote the following day phase OR any 1x abilities will be increased
Ralph Brentner - bodyguard will be upgraded for that night phase to a full doc protect, player will not die
Glen Bateman - in addition to targeted player's watcher results, will also receive a result as if he had targeted himself
Brad Kitchener - cannot be targeted with any ability - will receive a cop result on any investigative attempts
Harold Lauder - will receive a double vote the following day phase OR any 1x abilities will be increased

1x cop will also return a result on a randomized town player
1x vig will become a strongman kill
1x doc will protect against multiple kills
1x roleblock will bypass redirects
1x mirror will inform the player of what actions were mirrored
1x tracker will also return the target of the tracked player's target, if any

I was really hoping Marsh was gonna watch Kat but between the two Masons I was hoping he’d wifom himself into sitting on DPR instead since Cory could be more “expected” to die I guess.

it didn’t work lol

1 minute ago, Katiora said:

It was. Made me doubt you a lot lol 

out of all the people....Idk how I survived as the only un-roled player

7 minutes ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Making me VT was evil

:baalzamon:

Especially with Harold Lauder as the character.

ESPECIALLY.

DEAD THREAD PART 1:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/UryPSBW58LJBn

DEAD THREAD PART 2:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RpzKB3eaiz3

Mafia may post their QT when they like... the usual QT disclaimer applies - there's gonna be bad words, PG-13 does not compute.

2 minutes ago, Songstress said:

Especially with Harold Lauder as the character.

ESPECIALLY.

Honestly I was expecting someone to hop on that as soon as  I put it out there. 

1 minute ago, Katiora said:

<.< I don’t know anything about the story lol 

same, I was basing it all off wikia and wikipedia Wikia had nothing on my character and I cried to Tress about it.

I want to thank everyone for playing (and @Eldrick4221 for submitting to my begging and braving the sub-in).

I especially want to thank everyone for being patient with my insanity.  I've been dreaming of running a game based on The Stand since the first time I tried modding, and when I sat down to plan it out, so many crazy ideas popped into my head that I just had to squish them all in.   

I said I couldn't guarantee balance, because I did not have anyone officially balance check it - I think it was pretty good overall, the word that came to mind was "swingy".  Things could have gone so very differently based on player choices, and I'm so happy that you guys made it a relatively close game.   

There was some excellent play, and that was fun to watch.

Black Tower points will be awarded for any social group members who played, because that's a thing we keep saying we're going to do since all mafia games were moved to the main boards.

So was I only immune to all abilities IF NB picked me? or is that just how my role worked based on your modification of it?

2 minutes ago, Eternal Phoenix said:

So was I only immune to all abilities IF NB picked me? or is that just how my role worked based on your modification of it?

I have slept since then, so my thought process is a little hazy.

But I believe my thought process was that if NotBob targeted you, it would increase the role to what the original MU role indicated.

I was mainly trying to find unusual roles that weren't super powerful to include on the Town side, because if Hallia had survived there could have been a cop and a tracker every night.

26 minutes ago, Katiora said:

Good game y’all and thanks Tress and Kaylee it was a blast!!! *showers the Mod goddess and her assistant with chocolate, adult beverages and compliments* :wink: 

She's a keeper! :wub:

Thanks Tress, you did most the work. Sorry I wasn't able to help more. 

27 minutes ago, MrsClov said:

Fun game to read. I can't remember the last game I actually followed along until the end. 

Congrats town and not Bob. AJ you put up one heck of a fight.

True

1 minute ago, Songstress said:

I have slept since then, so my thought process is a little hazy.

But I believe my thought process was that if NotBob targeted you, it would increase the role to what the original MU role indicated.

I was mainly trying to find unusual roles that weren't super powerful to include on the Town side, because if Hallia had survived there could have been a cop and a tracker every night.

ah, so I would have gotten a read back on all investigative roles. So ultimately in a sense I was kind of the reverse of AJ I absorbed the actions of others and they did nothing, if it happened to be a cop view I would see what the viewer was. I assume I would get nightkilled just as AJ could though.

ah, so I would have gotten a read back on all investigative roles. So ultimately in a sense I was kind of the reverse of AJ I absorbed the actions of others and they did nothing, if it happened to be a cop view I would see what the viewer was. I assume I would get nightkilled just as AJ could though.

Yeah, you could definitely be killed.  If a cop view had targeted you, they'd get no result and you'd find out their alignment.  If NotBob had buffed you, you would have returned no result on any investigative roles, and gotten back their alignment.

4 minutes ago, Kaylee said:

She's a keeper! :wub:

Thanks Tress, you did most the work. Sorry I wasn't able to help more. 

I appreciated everything you were able to do!  :wub:

Just now, Songstress said:

Yeah, you could definitely be killed.  If a cop view had targeted you, they'd get no result and you'd find out their alignment.  If NotBob had buffed you, you would have returned no result on any investigative roles, and gotten back their alignment.

so things like Jailer still worked? the "not targetable" is confusing me here lol

so things like Jailer still worked? the "not targetable" is confusing me here lol

Erm, again, I have slept since then.  I believe you were correct that the buffed version of the role would have basically absorbed any abilities directed at it, and gotten a passive cop result on any investigative attempts.

I might have been half crazy when I thought up some of those things.

1 minute ago, Songstress said:

Erm, again, I have slept since then.  I believe you were correct that the buffed version of the role would have basically absorbed any abilities directed at it, and gotten a passive cop result on any investigative attempts.

I might have been half crazy when I thought up some of those things.

lol, that makes the outcome of the game much funnier. It was between polar opposites the high and mighty Randal Flagg vs the basically unknown Brad Kitchener both immune to night actions (assuming NB started targeting me and excluding kills) 

I was really intrigued to see what would have come of it if NotBob had targeted Hallia.. he would have gotten his own 1x ability to play with.

Alas, the best laid plans of mods and men...

really was beginning to worry at one point that DPR might be mafia, but knew the only way that could be was a recruit mechanic. I didn't want to wifom that in the thread so didn't suggest it.