DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did we have a Falme? And do the Seanchan only hold Tarabon?

Jagen Sedai

I am wondering if we ever had a Falme... my memory tells me no, but I could be wrong. Searching these boards is tough because I can either search one forum at a time, which will we result in NO results back no matter what I search, or order the search function to search "All Content", and then the option to chose a certain board disappears, which means the search function will then scour the ENTIRE website forums.

So I have to rely on others' memory of events, because I seem to have already located all IC Seanchan threads (which I do by searching character names--the only reliable way to search only the RP IC side of the site).

Also, we only hold Tarabon and no other places? I would love to make up a map for where our Seanchan are :D

Yes. Our Falme was at Bandar Eban in 999NE. It's where the alliance between the Band, Aiel and Wolfkin was formed as they aided in freeing Bandar Eban from the Seanchan later that same year. No idea where the actual RP threads are but the event certainly happened.

From the RP thread where Ruan was kidnapped by Calder, it seems the Panarch actually is an ally in our PSW and not a da'covale. Is that correct?

Also, for now the Seanchan are only in Tarabon?

It's too bad the RP thread for Bandar Eban seems to be non-existent; I found threads that ICly take place before and after all that, taking place as far back as 2006.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, sadly a lot of threads and RPs have been lost with all the board moves. A lot of the main ones wouldn't have been on the actual DM forums either, there were off site boards at one stage and that was pretty much all lost too.

Seanchan only in Tarabon as far as I know, yes. I think it was an attempt (OOC) to keep them fairly contained in one place as there were so few active IC players.

Edited to add: That may have changed or be in the process of changing. There was a pursuit of the Band's forces by Seanchan forces following Calder's rescue and the DotNM kidnapping. I'm not sure how far they got in their pursuit as the Band eventually used gateways back to the Citadel courtesy of their BT allies. The Seanchan would have kept searching of course, so they may have travelled some distance. Maybe discuss that with Cass as she intends to RP some skirmishes with the Band/Seanchan I think. 

I have no idea on the Panarch off the top of my head, go with whatever fits best in your opinion or in relation to what you've seen. I trust your judgement.

Thank you. Also is it possible to pin the new Seanchan thread?

I will keep the Panarch as an ally to the Seanchan. I wouldn't mind if the King had been beheaded though. It seems a logical thing to have had happened.

Also, I'd love to do a thread where the Mistress of the Ships is captured too, but we have no active SF, either. (This could be an admin role, maybe? If we had enough Seanchan characters who wanted to do it?)

The Seanchan did not get far, actually, not yet--everything stopped right after Calder & Party got out of there. So one of the things I would love to do personally is send the forward troops out to pursue, but without someone playing Calder/DotNM/Etc group, it's kinda impossible to do, unless we go with the same "solution" as above.

Nonetheless, both RP ideas would have to wait on getting more SC players, too.

6 hours ago, Jagen Sedai said:

The Seanchan did not get far, actually, not yet--everything stopped right after Calder & Party got out of there. So one of the things I would love to do personally is send the forward troops out to pursue, but without someone playing Calder/DotNM/Etc group, it's kinda impossible to do, unless we go with the same "solution" as above.

Nonetheless, both RP ideas would have to wait on getting more SC players, too.

I would love this (bold) too!

What's the 'solution' you're referencing?

I've been thinking about the Seanchan vs DotNM and Banders/Alliance issue for a while. I'm hoping that if we plan it well and make it exciting/easy to join, we may be able to advertise the idea/required roles and get a few new RP members in the process.  

In that vein, I'm also trying to get the Alliance boards updated with as much of the relevant RP information as possible before trying to kick it all off. I'll go ahead and start a collaborative planning thread though and we can get into it there :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't count on me for RP'ing. I'm afraid I can't guarantee much activity for the next couple of months. We've hit my busy period now in the run up to Christmas with Festivals and Craft Fairs, plus I still have my other half at home recuperating from his op.

Frankly I don't see much need to actually RP Calder or Ruan. Their actions, reactions or direct orders can be observed, relayed or commented on as easily as being actively written by OOC Staff. Just decide before hand what direction you want the action to go and what you want Calder/Ruan's actions to be then incorporate that.

We wanted the PSW to be more driven by our own characters so now would be an ideal time to start doing that. 

Pinned the Seanchan info post.

• Arie locked this topic