DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
The Don

Hello Reddies

Hey there! Things have been a bit quiet around here, what with DM being down for weeks at a time. We're hoping that will get fixed soon.

What's been happening in your life?

I've been busy the last few years. First I had a kid, then I was moving all over the country for work. I'm finally mostly settled down now. I'm attempting to write my own book so I've been getting back into the RP to get those creative juices flowing. 

What's going on with you?

What's your book about? We seem to have quite a few aspiring writers (and some published) around here these days - it's wonderful!

Where have you now settled down?

Have had the issue with my cat, but other than that things are just 5 times as hectic at work so much less time to spend online. Our idiotic government keeps passing new laws that are ridiculous and basically impossible to comply with, but of course we have to so the workload for some people are increasing beyond what's bearable.

Now can I have some cheese with my whine? LoL

I settled back in Sacramento. It's where my family is. Once I finally pay off moving all over the place I can stay here to get my grad degree(s).

My book will be fantasy based in a modern world, sort of parallel or slightly past where we are now. 

Love the sound of that book! I have the bare bones of something like that myself, though I was so focused on my sister's books, that I've neglected it these past few years.

Do you have a job in Sacramento now?

Yeah I'm working as an archaeologist here in town. I still get to travel from here, but usually only for a couple days.

That sounds wonderful, Don. Are you working on a dig, or in a museum or something?

Your Majesty! *jumps on lap and starts feeding grapes* Hiya! Welcome home *grins*

It's fantastic so many people that are writing books and whatnots. I've been dangling myself with some writing too on and off over the years. Thanks to Nanowrimo I've finally found the secret of dealing with my constant blockage but I haven't found the secret of dealing with sudden attacks of 'meh, it's crap' feelings.

*eats grapes in luxury*

@Elgee I did a dig last week, but it's mostly just monitoring construction sites. Making sure they don't dig bodies out and checking piles of dirt for stone tools. 

@Mystica I am in the middle of all that. That's one reason I came back to RP. *Bounces Myst on his knee looking for inspiration*

Sounds interesting, Don! Have you found anything thus far?