DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Ello-'Ello

G'day all, I'm Satrim, or Daz on the streets, and I have been a fan of WoT for only 4 or 5 years now. I'm about to finish my second re-read, however I can't find my copy of AMoL :madmyrddraal: 

I'm normally a regular over at Tarvalon.net, where I was the first male aspirant and Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah :ajahred_by_drowelfmorwen-dc43fsu: (We've had a few more blokes snared in our clutches since then). Over the last week though I've been checking out a few more WoT forums to conquer join, and here I am.

I'm a forklift driver from Australia with dreams of someday joining the R.A.N. My hobbies include Bushcraft, Blacksmithing, Reading(duh), Fish keeping and sleeping.

Favorite WoT character is either Mat or Uno.

Nice to meet you all!!

Welcome to Dragonmount! 

An Aussie, eh?  And a Mat fan? @dicetosser1 should be along to welcome you shortly.  And @Cass... I know we have a few others about, but I'm not sure how often they check in. :wink:

Plus those two will likely attempt to drag you into the Band of the Red Hand, if I know them.  You may want to go ahead and preemptively check out the social groups,  they are a great place to meet new friends.  :biggrin:  

Make sure to ask if you have any questions, and we hope you stick around :biggrin:

Yey!! Another Queenslander joins our ranks!!!

Thanks for the tag, Tress.

And darnit, Dice beat me to the "Dazza!!" *squashesthedirtycockroachBlue*

Welcome to the madness that is DM :D

You'll find plenty of readers here (duh ;) ) as well as other groups, including discussions and social groups of various themes (joinTheBandcough #barfightsarefun), writer's role-play if you want to try your hand at creating a character in the WoTesque world (it's fun! Come join!!), and Mafia games if you're that way inclined/crazy/prepared to give up that sleep you mention (don't do it, it's a trap!! *pokes tongue out at Dice*).

Can I ask how on Earth/where did/do you get into the blacksmithing? That sounds fun but the closest I've ever gotten was a few weeks of casting at a local community shed... What sort of stuff do you smith??

Thanks for the welcome, especially from my fellow Aussies. Although, it's a dangerous time to be divulging that Dice is a Bluey. Go the Maroons!! Ahem, sorry. 

Drinking? Destroying pubs? I'm in. I'll try to drop by the Band soon.

I watched a lot of stuff online about blacksmithing, decided that I was gonna build myself a furnace and anvil(my excuse to take an angle grinder to a gas cylinder). Half way through building it though I made a friend that was also into smithing, but he did his in a proper blacksmiths shop that was set up at Redland Museum, so I paused work on my own forge and started working with him at a proper forge. Mostly I make knives, y'know, because shiny stabby things are cool.

I'm trying really hard not to compare everything here to TarValon.net, but I will say one thing. Every time you say DM, I know you mean Dragon Mount, but I think of Dai M'hael(often shortened to DM) which is a Warder company back at TV.net.

And as of Saturday I'll be heading out on a 5 day trek with some mates down in the Border Ranges, so I'm not ditching you all so soon. I will return.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:08 PM, Satrim Kha'os said:

Thanks for the welcome, especially from my fellow Aussies. Although, it's a dangerous time to be divulging that Dice is a Bluey. Go the Maroons!! Ahem, sorry. 

Drinking? Destroying pubs? I'm in. I'll try to drop by the Band soon.

I watched a lot of stuff online about blacksmithing, decided that I was gonna build myself a furnace and anvil(my excuse to take an angle grinder to a gas cylinder). Half way through building it though I made a friend that was also into smithing, but he did his in a proper blacksmiths shop that was set up at Redland Museum, so I paused work on my own forge and started working with him at a proper forge. Mostly I make knives, y'know, because shiny stabby things are cool.

I'm trying really hard not to compare everything here to TarValon.net, but I will say one thing. Every time you say DM, I know you mean Dragon Mount, but I think of Dai M'hael(often shortened to DM) which is a Warder company back at TV.net.

And as of Saturday I'll be heading out on a 5 day trek with some mates down in the Border Ranges, so I'm not ditching you all so soon. I will return.

need i remind you of the current Series results????

and no DM and Tar Valon arnt very similar   at leastimo   butullfigure thatoutprettyquick      

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...