DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2018 World Cup

Krakalakachkn

So far it's been a very excited World Cup - so many 2nd place group rankings up for grabs right now.

James Rodriguez with the pass of the world cup?

A lovely, if a bit undeserved, last minute winning goal from Kroos

Modric shows patience and is rewarded with a beauty

Mexico fans lose their sh*t and trigger an artificial earthquake

It's harder to find good clips than I expected.  Put 'em up if you got 'em.

Impressive really.  I'm rooting for Mexico to win it all now that Iceland is out.  I'd pull for Senegal, Columbia, or Croatia too.

Quaresmo's highly technical goal against Iran

Wails of disbelief cause "temporary deafness" in scores of Koreans after loss to Mexico

Edited by Krakalakachkn

I couldn't have been more happy with Columbia v England game.  So great, down to the last wire.  You could see England dominate the first half, playing their game of calm and collected.  Then Columbia comes in and makes the second half theirs with that fast, high pressure attack and they just would not let up and how it payed off in the last seconds.  Man it was so good.

And finally after all these upsets, England breaks the streak of failed Shootouts.  I got a couple of English co-workers and we all watched it during lunch.  They were as giddy as school girls after the game.  Of course they were nervous wrecks during the second half through the shootout.  That game was what soccer/football is all about.  Could have done without the flopping but we are talking about football.  I'm just glad US soccer and their fans frown upon it more than see it as a legitimate strategy.  But that's a rabbit trail for another time.

On 28/06/2018 at 9:31 AM, Krakalakachkn said:

Not surprised Germany is out, not with how they've been playing.

So sad Sweden beat Mexico by such a margin though.  I hope we can bounce back against Brasil!

Super pleased with that same game. Rooting for a Croatia Belgium final because those were teams I'd never expect to see there. England / France would be fun to see though too.

I was rooting for Belgium last night but after the first 10 minutes they looked lackluster against an impressive French defensive front.  Aside from Hazard (and de Bruyne in the last 15 mins) they didn't press & test enough.  Lukaku wasn't even in the game.

Standouts:

Varane

Hazard

Mbappe

Matuidi

On 7/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, Andrej said:

Mbappe was ridiculous. That guy can fly out there

On 7/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, Andrej said:

Only about two dozens fouls and half as many yellow cards.

Yeah that kid is having a sensational cup.

Disappointing bc I've been rooting for Columbia.  Same for Croatia after the England match; really disappointed with their awful flopping and -lemme call it what it was - cheating.