DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Request for the Seanchan

Jagen Sedai

I had an idea in my head to do a "Seanchan at DM" Information master thread. I do so love the Seanchan (though in RL they would not be fun at all!) and I'm also trying to get people to play as, or with Seanchan ;)

First, I wish to collect as much IC & OOC Information as I can.  (Which seems easy enough for me).

Secondly, I wish to make a proposal: For the convenience of an RP setting and for players, and to help keep the Seanchan an active part of this PSW, I was going to suggest that most if not all characters be in the same vicinity as House Elioth, or even part of it (such as being stationed with/ transferred to the House). This is a high house that is positioned in Elmora, Tarabon, and is in charge in their area of expanding the Empire in the glory of the Empress (May She Live Forever). The High Lady is an NPC though I am sure I will need to make her a proper NSW with a bio if I proceed this route. I currently have two PC characters, a sul'dam and so'jhin. The only other PC I know of for Seanchan is WolfbrotherKronos, whose PC is a Seeker. We had a thread going but it died off when things got hectic in RL. My point being, I think I can make this idea work since no one else is actively playing Seanchan (and, as far as I can tell, has not in a long long time).

Please let me know what you think!

Wow, it'd be great to play a part in the glorious Return! They were so cool with their high lady, sul'dam, seekers, listeners, da'covale and not to mention super long nails lol.

I played a SC character Lijah Opeth, as the high lady Ruan's Soe'feia who I remember played her voice. IIRC Ruan/daughter of nine moons was played by winter mist back then. Actually your sul'dam Cura Tenshi met Lijah briefly at a tarabon kaf house before lol. If you make Ruan an NSW, I'm happy to either revive Lijah to keep working for the high lady, or being stationed in Elmora. :)

Yes she's already NSW/ got a bio set up. Maybe it needs updating? =)

Are both your Seanchan chars of the Elioth family now? If so I'm up for a visit. Lijah's already missed out on being part of the forerunners and already is in Elmora having taken a ship. Need more action :laugh:

I might be interested once Merd and Viv both get to Asha'man and Aes Sedai. For the record, I hate the Seanchan. I find them repugnant. They're not evil, but my feelings for them are comparable to those that I hold for Jane Umbridge of Harry Potter infamy. That being said, RPing as a self-righteous character might be fun... And I do have an incredible love for Asian culture...

Consider me interested. I'll look back into creating a SC character after I raise my other 2. I'll message you, @Jagen Sedai, when I start looking into character creation. Maybe you can help me brainstorm a little. I'd think I'd either play Suldam/Damane (I have a thirst for the One Power) or Morat'raken (because Dragons.) :seanchan: 

You don't. I feel exactly the same way about them and could, quite frankly, throttle Tuon in the Books. I dislike her quite thoroughly. 

Our Daughter of the Nine Moons, Ruan, is indeed an NSW and she was played by Mystica when she was the FL RGL. Ruan is currently in the Citadel having left Tanchico with the Banders during Calder's (Mat's) rescue from there. Bio doesn't need updating I don't think since that's still fairly current in main timeline terms. 

Jagen, that sounds like a very sensible idea. I like it. Makes everything very simple. I believe The Don mentioned a Seanchan character in his return thread too.

As to the information stuff, go ahead and knock yourself out. It would be a lovely resource to have. I'm sure we could work out some kind of credit/points award in return for doing it if you have any characters that still need to rank up.

Fantasticccccc :D I will be working on this in the coming week.

@Oddpositions, I do know what you mean! I find the Seanchan crazy interesting but I would HATE them in real life, so it's a little fun to play them here. Interestingly enough, watching the Handmaid's Tale made me understand a bit more (somewhat) about how Seanchan culture might work with such a strict hierarchy (and Janine/Ofwarren seems almost perfect example of showing the mentality of a Seanchan damane).

@The Don You may be interested in this thread? If you have a Seanchan character (or will be making one) please let me know!

@Jagen Sedai The thing about them is that I want to like them so bad lol, I just couldn't bring myself to it while reading the series. I usually feel that way about villains or 'not so morally good guys' though. I would've liked to see more of the actual continent of SC in the books. Reading their chapters in the BWB was great, even if the art wasn't lol.

*AMOL spoilers*

I'm also still very upset we did not see the meeting between Tuon and Artur. I'm sure if anyone could talk sense into that woman (concerning the Suldam/Damane issue) it would be him... I hope.

*end spoilers*

Oh how could I forget? I take it back. I must have a soft spot for them because I fell in love with her during her first meeting with Elayne and Nyneave. And her relationship with Bayle Domon was the absolute cutest. Fortune prick me!

Sounds interesting. Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to for a lot of the divisions to do something similar, as far as being in the same unit/house/leadership. One of the reasons I stopped RPing in the first place was because I was mostly doing things by myself. 

That said... I'd consider making a Deathwatch Guard or another morat'raken. My old character was too high ranking to be a part, as he was a General and Blood.

• Arie locked this topic