DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Dar'Jen Ab Owain

Black Tower Roll Call: June 2018

Hope it's ok for me to set this up.

So, glad DM is back, and that we can hang out in the Black Tower.

Let us know you are here.

And as for a question, what is your favorite summer pastime?

Woo!  10 points to DJ for initiative!

My favorite summer pastime is hoping for evening thunderstorms.  And staying in the air conditioning because hello, Arizona.

Oops. For some reason I thought someone else had already made this roll call...

At least now I don't have to think of another question; I suck at that.

My favorite summer pastime is probably going on holiday and seeing (and climbing) some mountains because seriously, the Netherlands are so darn flat. This summer I'm also going to a 4 day metal festival however, so that's probably going to be a lot of fun, plus I'll probably be writing and practicing guitar. And maybe making some more awful attempts at writing songs.

10 more points to DJ!

I have only one day left at work before the holiday begin!!! I´m looking forward to a lot of reading.

I'd say my favorite summer pastime--lately or now that I'm in Scotland?  When I was in the States, it would probably be the Frisbee--throwing back and forth and getting sweaty. 

Now it would probably be the series of cigars I end up smoking with friends --one to celebrate my birthday (I turned 31 July 13th), a cigar for July 4th, a cigar to celebrate the fact the PhD judges have cleared me for another year usually late June/early July (although my review this year will be as late as July 19th--I won't be flying home until quite late in the summer), and finally a cigar August 29th, to remember the hurricane that nearly destroyed my city and me.  

When I'm not at work reading thousands of pages of other people's emails, I'm at home reading thousands of pages of books. This summer I'm finally rereading WoT after like six years 

You guys have a varied approach to summer. I like it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the heat, so reading is a great pastime anytime. But I do like hiking, and that's enjoy able in the woods, which generally has shade.