DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My cat was hit by a speeding driver

My one cat, Precious, was hit by a speeding driver on Friday morning. He's in hospital with a broken jaw, ripped open leg, and possible broken hip joint. It's absolutely killing me to see my baby in this condition. He's stable at the moment, but we'll probably only know on Wednesday what the prognosis is on his hip.

Of course the hospital bills are just racking up (we're currently on about R8000 / $720 and rising), so I've swallowed my pride and started a GoGetFunding drive to help cover the hospital costs. A few of my Dragonmount friends have been incredibly generous with their hard-earned money, for which I am eternally grateful!

If anyone would like to follow the story, here is the link: https://gogetfunding.com/please-help-my-precious/

Should you be willing to share the link on social media, I would be very grateful. Obviously donations would be welcome, but only if you can comfortably afford it and feel that it's appropriate.

In the mean time, I'm not going to be around much. I'll be here when I can, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, guys. He's doing better but had a freak out tonight (saw his own shadow) and I think he might have dislocated his pelvis again. Will have to see what he looks like tomorrow morning.

I'm so tired of this. I just want my poor baby to be well again!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 7:58 PM, Jivenrah Sedai said:

Poor kitty. So sorry Elgee. My girls wanted a kitty, but we live next to a very busy road so I have warned them getting a pet isn't likely. Hugs to you.

Thank you, Jivenrah.

Yes for you some kind of indoor pet might be better?

On 7/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, Elgee said:

Thank you, Jivenrah.

Yes for you some kind of indoor pet might be better?

Maybe in a few years we might revisit the idea. When we need feline attention we can go to my sister-in-law's place. She lives about three blocks away. Useful!

20 hours ago, Mirshann Uuranor said:

Yep. You're a proper cat owner when you realize that the cat is in charge. :tongue:
Worth it though. :wub:

I'm glad to see that he's on the mend. 

LoL yep!

I'm extremely grateful that he's mended so well, and of course for all those amazing friends who helped with the bills. Without them we'd be in a proper pickle.