DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

(When a level has been BOLDED, it has been completed)

Level 1
Become a Tuatha'an

Level 2
Beginner Challenges
1. Asia - Asia.docx

Level 3
Master Challenges

Bronze:
Artists & Craft

Hobby

Writers
1. The Dream and the Bargain.docx

Social Group

Silver:
Artists & Craft

Hobby

Writers

Social Group

Gold:
Artists & Craft

Hobby

Writers

Social Group

Level 4
Grand Master Tuatha'an

Edited by Hrafnhildr

This is a mini-concert I did last year.  I'm giving another of the same type in a few weeks.  

I'm new here and getting used to everything, so those I haven't talked to yet-I'm giving my full name as well as this concert--don't send me a friend request if you liked what I did instantly after this unless you've talked to me--I might wrongly say no.  I'm happy to be friends within and without Dragonmount, but as you know, being new--not knowing everything just yet--can send your mind spinning.

But here's the first of many things I'll post here--this one singing--as I am the majestic Dan Haycraft :wink:

Mini concert! wow! I am jealous lol

(I can't sing like you, though XD)

How many years have you studied? I am impressed

If you sing something about a farm, you can have points for the beginner's challenge this term *wiggle eyebrows*

I've been singing a good fourteen years, give or take.  And thanks!

And I did sing about a farm in that little clip--I sang about Parliament.  :wink: 

I'll be singing another set of songs soon--although, alas, none of the songs will be about a farm, although I'm quite sure many farmers and farmhands will have sung said songs.    I'll figure things out and give y'all something worthy--my talents are not only in my vocal skills (or lack thereof) and my other musical skills--apart from music, my skill is probably in writing--and I will employ it here.  I can't tell you how dull writing a dissertation can get sometimes--but on the other hand, writing something creative is magnificent--even if you're just writing to yourself and have invented someone to talk to in formulating your thoughts, it's like your character runs away from you, you just become a typist.

lol @ the Parliament-thing .... maybe this should count for the beginner's challenge, after all XD 

I'll make a quick and small advertisement then if you enjoy writing - for the RP section of Dragonmount (*join us*) - :biggrin: 

I love to write as well... but then writing in English is tough, since it's not my first language lol

Anyways, we'll watch what you post with great interest :tongue:

sdjAJrO.gif

@Chaelca Thanks, lol. 

I imagine it could be difficult to write in another language. I've tried to learn a second language, but always get stuck somewhere, if I don't just completely fail to grasp it.  The closest I've come is I got an idea of French--but that fell by the wayside when I began also to study Latin--a language that is about as complicated in grammar rules as you can get.  I know English is about as complicated as can be, but at least we have word order :smile:

But I wasn't referring specifically to writing in any language in any genre--just crafting a story.  I've never tried writing fan fiction--this is actually the first time I've signed on to any website dedicated to a story or author.  But it seems whenever I'm writing a story--whether I've simply invented someone to talk to--(sharing a pipe of tobac with one famous general several times in the later months of 2007 in "dreams" led to one of the most gigantic decisions I've made ever) or if am actively trying to craft a story--the character runs away from me and becomes a real person.  Even with my conversations with the general I'd invented to talk to--he ran away from me and it seemed I was talking to a real person. (This was before "journaling was a common term and I didn't know I was "journaling, but I was--or talking to a ghost).  Words can change quite a lot when you're writing a story--whether it's just you reasoning things out or crafting a fictional story.  THAT'S why writing can be so fun--in any language--and whether you're good at it or not!

Now a dissertation--that is no fun whatsoever.  I turned in Chapter 2 yesterday and am completely exhausted from it all.   

Wow, awesome!

*hops to edit the first post*

I have already posted the new beginner's challenge theme for July > September. It will be Asia (so you know ^.^)

@ChaelcaThe challenge on Asia--well, I've been working on a story since early July.  And the story has become MUCH longer than my last and the short story covers a LOT more ground than "The Dream and the Bargain"--it's not just part of a novel like my last--my last was an element of the climax of one--I'd have to write a story around "The Dream and the Bargain" for it to become a novel.

in the next week or so the short story I'm writing--when I finish--will become a summary of a novel.  And so I won't have written it as well.  

<3 Great great entry so yes you totally met it !

Sorry for overlooking this :'(

Don't hesitate to share it in other places. You really did well

@The Bard Babe Thanks!  As you can easily tell, Tanya and I weren't always coordinated as well as we might have been.  If you would have been able to see me, I do a lot of pointing when I sing. :wink:

Shenandoah--that song makes my eyes wet every time I hear or sing it.  I'm not sure why that song became the most meaningful song ever to me, but the university I attended for my undergraduate years--from 2006-2011--was in the Shenandoah valley in Virginia.  We had our own little school anthem, but just about every single student heard our anthem and then promptly forgot it, instead just singing Shenandoah.  I suppose it might have gained its meaning because those were the years immediately following Hurricane Katrina?  I'm not completely sure. 

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it!

Edited by haycraftd

Yes, it does bring more to a song if the song means something to you.

@Hrafnhildr and @The Bard Babe: Where should I post "Asia?"  I posted it here and in the Writer's Wagon but it's been greeted with silence until that "Good job" and what I posted in the Writer's Wagon has had few views.  It's a dreadfully long piece, I know, but an author desires anything. 

I've had people outside Dragonmount comment on it, but I wrote it specifically to meet the challenge from July through September.  So where else (if anywhere) should I post it?

@The Bard Babe and @@Hrafnhildr : Ah, well.  I spent a couple of months' effort into writing "Asia" specifically to meet Dragonmount's challenge when I only spent an afternoon writing "The Dream and the Bargain." It's been pound-headed frustrating that no one has said anything, but I guess I can live with what friends and family outside of Dragonmount have said.  It is long.

My mother (who is a published author) has called it my best ever and that her eyes got misty at the end.  She then explained what I'd need to do to transform this into a novel should the day arise.  And she's not the only person who's praised it--the three women who watch over the building with my flat now want everything I write, even though one had to use a dictionary to read it.  Is there a way to make it active again here?  Reposting it or something?  Where exactly can I share it?  

I meant the group is pretty inactive, sorry! You can try posting it in some other groups if you want more audience though. The writer's wagon doesn't have that many people at the best of times.