DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Critical Role

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, critical role is a show on geek and sundry twitch channel where a bunch of nerdy ass voice actors sit around and play D&D. Their GM is Matt Mercer and it is... addictive.

It's fantastic.  @Nolder go to Youtube and check out the "Geek and Sundry" channel and check out the Critical role episodes.  If you can see the first season awesome but starting with Season 2 Episode 1 is perfectly fine too.  No major references to previous season and it's only at episode 19.  Granted the episodes are about 4 hours long.  But's fantastic.

You can also hit up https://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/ and avoid the youtube ads (i think?). I invest in projectalpha.com because I really enjoy their other shows and the benefit of not having to wait until monday for release if I miss the live air on twitch. 

So ... how much have you seen? I'm always excited to find a critter in the wild... (i'm all caught up on it all, on a rewatch of the first campaign.)

Yeah, she owns the company - or at least founded it. But it's nothing like the Guild. It is genuinely people playing D&D.. but awesome. Not everything is for everyone but try the second campaign (if you must). She only makes a 2 episode 'special guest' experience later into the first season. *waves hand* and it's not integral. (though kinda funny). 

Her thing isn't my thing either, so i get it. :)

• 1 month later...

@Nolder I highly recommend you check it out.  They just recently left Geek & Sundry so if you don't want anything to do with Felicia Day it is now Felicia Day free, unless she guest stars during the second season.

@Arie How are you liking the second season?  I'm really enjoying Travis taking up the mantle of the leader this season.  He's doing incredible.  I really like how most of them have taken a very opposite character type and I think for the most part each of them are nailing it.  I'm not sure if I'm at the point of enjoying all of their characters like I did for the first season but it's very fun.  Really liking some of the NPCs Matt has introduced as well.

• 1 month later...

Ahhhhh!!! 

I'm liking the new campaign. It's strange to watch the variations of both campaigns side-by-side (since I was rewatching the first and am now done). 

Travis, in general, is a generous player and I do like him in that role. It suites him. Strange, and fascinating, to watch Liam basically play such an opposing character, too. 

I think it's easier to fall into the first campaign because they already had those inside jokes that came so easily to the screen, while the new game hasn't really shown as much of it. But the characters are.. more serious, darker. Which I appreciate but also makes me miss what happened with Molly. Then again, Taliesin is just incredibly creative so I am curious to see him evolve with that character. 

All the things that glue me to a screen. 

If you guys wanted me to be interested in this you could have told me McCree is the DM.

And no, I didn't know his name.

I watched about an hour of the first episode and it's ok but I don't know if I'm going to watch all 999999999999 hours of this. I don't really like a few of the people who are participating. The half elf brother guy is whatever, the half elf druid chick is whatever, and the...gunslinger guy? I don't even remember him talking yet.

So far the best part has just been McCree tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

They did? I did not realize that. Do you know who/which characters?

oh, never mind, it was Pillars of Eternity they all worked on, they've also done a bunch of voice acting for marvel games, Fire Emblem games, Lego games, almost everything.  Ashley was that one girl from "The Last of Us."  All that good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...