DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
LilyElizabeth

Lily's Uni journey

Thanks, Mandien. I started college in my 30's and got my AA. Now, I'm in my 50's but I don't care. I want to have my degree and I will. I love learning. I may feel differently next semester when I'm taking statistics, though. lol

Edited by LilyElizabeth

7 hours ago, Mandien said:

Best of luck! I went to uni as a mature student (age 30) and loved it it turned my life around 

What did you get your degree in?

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, Mandien said:

Business IT 

Cool.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:54 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

Thanks, Mandien. I started college in my 30's and got my AA. Now, I'm in my 50's but I don't care. I want to have my degree and I will. I love learning. I may feel differently next semester when I'm taking statistics, though. lol

I found statistics easier then algebra.

That's good to know, Ryrin. I think my brain is more like yours than his, being that we both chose the same career field. At least I hope so. 

56 minutes ago, LilyElizabeth said:

That's good to know, Ryrin. I think my brain is more like yours than his, being that we both chose the same career field. At least I hope so. 

I was thinking that very same thing!

I moved this thread over because a new semester started and I'm so excited. I signed up for Abnormal Psychology because I had previously taken a class by this professor and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be about REALLY abnormal things like sociopaths and serial killers. lol Turns out, it's about the things I work with on a daily basis - ADHD, Bipolar disorder, Autism, etc. I'm so excited for this class!

I loved that class, Lily.

If you want to learn about serial killers/sociopaths you'll find that in Criminal Justice. I enjoyed CJ classes.

I didn't particularly want to learn about those things. I think it would be interesting, but what I am learning has more real life application for me. 

That's always good, though sometimes dangerous as I find, you learn more and realize that you done things wrong and get more work *nods*

I'm enjoying Abnormal Psych a lot. A couple of weeks ago, I just didn't have time to read 3 chapters in the week we were given to do so, so I tried to wing it. I failed the test. That was a first for me, or at least I don't remember ever failing a test before. This week I got an A-. Much better. It's looking like I have a B average so far. I'll be really happy with a B from the class. Of course, I'd prefer an A, so I'm shooting for that. 

hows it going? geting a break over christmas, or are you done this semester?

Now, I'm halfway through Research Methods. Not a fun class but required for my major. I'm looking forward to an interesting class again. Maybe in the Fall. 

That class can be mind numbing.