DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lily's Uni journey

LilyElizabeth

• Club Leader

This class is Personality Theory/Research. The title kind of gives away the idea that we're going to be doing a research paper, I think. I'm nervous because this is my first course at ASU and it's a 300 level course. What a way to begin! But I don't think I need any lower courses. I think my transfer credits covered all of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Try listening to some calming music. Like a movie score you like. When I need to get in the zone for work I listen to the Braveheart soundtrack. Works like a charm. 

Also, cut yourself some slack. It has been a very long time since you took a test. Might have just been that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Club Leader

I didn't do so well on my test again today. One more week and this class is done. I'm ready for it to be over. Meanwhile, there are 3 chapters to read this week. Right now, my nerves are shot from that test, so I'm having some DM therapy combined with some chocolate therapy. 

• 1 month later...
  • Club Leader

The class I'm taking now is called Careers in Psychology. It involves things like researching careers and creating a resume, that sort of thing. I just updated my resume for the class and got an opportunity to use it yesterday. At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy this class, being that I have a clear vision of where I want to go, but it has turned out to be really helpful. And my A is pretty solid so far!

3 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

The class I'm taking now is called Careers in Psychology. It involves things like researching careers and creating a resume, that sort of thing. I just updated my resume for the class and got an opportunity to use it yesterday. At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy this class, being that I have a clear vision of where I want to go, but it has turned out to be really helpful. And my A is pretty solid so far!

What else besides the resume writing has been helpful or interesting?

• Club Leader

I interviewed people already working in the behavioral health field, and learned a lot there. We also are creating eportfolios. Not sure yet how helpful that will be. She also had us research grad schools, but, with my age, I'm choosing not to go on after my BA. 

• 3 weeks later...