WolfbrotherKronos

A Suggestion Since Our Set Up Is Now Different

I apologize if this isn't the right place to put it, but I couldn't think of where else lol.

Since we no longer have the boards separated by exact geographic location (the Westlands are rather large) can we put in the title where the location of the thread is especially if it is an open thread.

For example, if you're thread takes place in the Queen's Blessing in Caemlyn could it be posted as *Thread Title (Caemlyn - Open)*

I just think it will be easier for people right away if they can join in your thread, because they know where it is.

Thoughts?

I love that idea!

@Taymist what says you? 

More people may be tempted to join in if they know where the RP happens I think.

Now some RP can bring the players from one city to another... so that means that the one who opens the thread can't forget to update the thread title if people move...

It's not always possible to put everything into a title. For instance, if you're giving it a name as usual (and these are often long), and adding whether it's open or closed, and making it for the specific attention of various people or groups ...and you want to add in a geographical location.... that title is going to get ridiculously long very quickly.

This is why I gave members the ability to use tags in their threads. You can add multiple tags from character's names to the Groups involved in the RP; from subject matter to whether it's inter Group or solo etc. etc.  and, of course, location if you really feel it's necessary.

I don't think it will make any difference, to be honest, particularly given we only have 3 active Groups right now and they all have access to Traveling to some extent which makes location a bit irrelevant, so I'm not going to make it a rule. But by all means add a tag if you will find it helpful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•   I don't think the indestructibility of cuendillar implies the absolute rigidity of its molecular structure. We know that the True Power can destroy cuendillar, and we are told that it absorbs any force attempting to break it.   To me, this implies that cuendillar's atomic or molecular structure is more like memory foam instead of a rock. You can apply force in an attempt to change or break its bonds, but it will just return to its normal state. Of course, the threshold of force necessary to even change those bonds is probably very high to begin with.
    • I've been singing a good fourteen years, give or take.  And thanks!   And I did sing about a farm in that little clip--I sang about Parliament.   
      I'll be singing another set of songs soon--although, alas, none of the songs will be about a farm, although I'm quite sure many farmers and farmhands will have sung said songs.    I'll figure things out and give y'all something worthy--my talents are not only in my vocal skills (or lack thereof) and my other musical skills--apart from music, my skill is probably in writing--and I will employ it here.  I can't tell you how dull writing a dissertation can get sometimes--but on the other hand, writing something creative is magnificent--even if you're just writing to yourself and have invented someone to talk to in formulating your thoughts, it's like your character runs away from you, you just become a typist.
    • Day Four:  Guess the Animal ==============   # 10:   
      # 11:  
      # 12:
    • That's the end of Round Three, and here are the answers. # 7:     Answer: A Llama   Unfortunately, no one guessed this one correctly.     # 8:   Answer: A Reindeer (or Caribou)   Unfortunately, no one guessed this one correctly.     # 9:   Answer: A Giraffe   Congratulations to @blank, @Cross, @Kaylee, @Mashiara Sedai, and @Ryrin  for their correct guess!
      At the end of Round Three, the score is as follows: ================ @blank                  5 @Kaylee                5 @Cross                  4 @Mashiara Sedai    2 @Ryrin                   1
      Lots of time to make guesses. On to Round Three!
    • If cuendillar truly cannot bend or break...  Then pushing on one end will move the other end exactly simultaneously.   If it had any give at all then a large enough force could bend or break it.  If it had any give at all, it would behave like regular matter, and pushing on one end of a cuendillar stick would move the atoms that make it up infinitesimally closer until the pressure wave reached the end of the rod and restored it to its original size.   But if nothing breaks or bends it, then the atoms don't move closer when you push it.  There's not a pressure wave going down its length.  Every atom along its entire length moves in sync, staying exactly the same distance from the others.   You've got yourself a faster-than-light communication stick.   There's not a lot that could be used for that would impress people in the Third Age, but faster than light communication, even over short distances, could do some neat things for us.   Assuming we take everybody at their word on cuendillar's properties, anyway.