DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Suggestion Since Our Set Up Is Now Different

I apologize if this isn't the right place to put it, but I couldn't think of where else lol.

Since we no longer have the boards separated by exact geographic location (the Westlands are rather large) can we put in the title where the location of the thread is especially if it is an open thread.

For example, if you're thread takes place in the Queen's Blessing in Caemlyn could it be posted as *Thread Title (Caemlyn - Open)*

I just think it will be easier for people right away if they can join in your thread, because they know where it is.

Thoughts?

I love that idea!

@Taymist what says you? 

More people may be tempted to join in if they know where the RP happens I think.

Now some RP can bring the players from one city to another... so that means that the one who opens the thread can't forget to update the thread title if people move...

It's not always possible to put everything into a title. For instance, if you're giving it a name as usual (and these are often long), and adding whether it's open or closed, and making it for the specific attention of various people or groups ...and you want to add in a geographical location.... that title is going to get ridiculously long very quickly.

This is why I gave members the ability to use tags in their threads. You can add multiple tags from character's names to the Groups involved in the RP; from subject matter to whether it's inter Group or solo etc. etc.  and, of course, location if you really feel it's necessary.

I don't think it will make any difference, to be honest, particularly given we only have 3 active Groups right now and they all have access to Traveling to some extent which makes location a bit irrelevant, so I'm not going to make it a rule. But by all means add a tag if you will find it helpful.

• 3 months later...

I agree that places should definitely go into tags. Let's all make this a thing (casually, a suggestion more than a rule), just to get it started, before we become flooded with old and new members--at least I'm expected a flood with the news concerning the show now. :)

Edited by Jagen Sedai