DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Black Tower Oddpositions

Illian Tear

Huzzah! :laugh:

As I've said elsewhere, I am a longtime lurker of the General Discussion parts of the Forum and I've been RPing here for the last few weeks as well. Figured it was time I joined the rest of you here!

I'm from Chicago, IL, currently out in the suburbs. Finished WoT a year or two ago, took a detour to the Cosmere and gobbled up all those books. Now I'm back in Randland doing my first re-read. Just started Shadow Rising today :D My favorite Asha'man is Androl (duh.) and I would eat my left shoe to get more Black Tower scenes in the series :sad:

The voices tell me you all like food here. I'm currently in school to become a baker. Besides brownies, does anyone here have a favorite sweet? I've been trying to perfect my caramel recipe lately, but the stuff is tricky...

• RP - LEGACY

Welcome to the Black Tower. Hope you will enjoy it here with us. Oh yes, we like brownies, and other tasty treats.

My favorite desert, besides brownies, would have to be pecan pie. Mmmmm, you mentioned caramel. That sounds very tasty.

I'm currently in Book Nine, first time through. Looking forward to when I can do a re-read and find details I missed the first time through.

Good luck with school. So, besides baking and reading, what other interests do you have?

Oh I make a mean pecan pie, usually for Thanksgiving. Although I have relied on store-bought caramel sauce to top it... I have a particular weakness for a nice chocolate cookie. One that is not too soft or too crunchy.

Other interests are broad. I love video games. Grew up on Snes, Genesis, N64, PSONE, etc etc. I have graduated to PC gaming, however. I like a lot of RPGs, Citybuilders, Sandbox, Action, Simulation, etc. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, etc. are among my favorites :laugh:

Music taste is broad as well. Everything from Broadway to Rock. I've been feeling Lord Huron, Arctic Monkeys, and The Last Shadow Puppets lately. British music is a weakness of mine, as is J-pop and J-rock. Been getting into K-pop too. I've been seeing it crop up more in mainstream American culture, so that's been a little surprising.

My fiance collects action figures and is a big fan of Marvel/DC and Star Wars, so I am too (whether I like it or not haha.) I used to be big into Anime when I was a kid, but I've fallen out of it. Still a huge Sailor Moon fan tho 

4 hours ago, Illian Tear said:

Um... is that quoting something? 

Um, yes.

It's this thing called the Wheel of Time.  :wink:

Welcome, Odd one!  :biggrin:

Methinks we need more brownies!

(and let's just be crazy here and combine it with one of my personal favorite treats... blueberry cheesecake)

blueberry_Brownies.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome! I'm a little late, hope that doesn't out me in an...odd position...lmao couldn't resist.

For me, though I know it's heresy, not big on the sweets. Have a weakness for about anything lemon though (and do of course enjoy the good ol' Black Tower Tainted Brownies)

Thank you very much, Talmanes! I appreciate the Dad humor. :laugh:

In that case, can I assume you love lemon flavored baked goods? I'm a big fan of lemon bars, myself. I think heresy can be forgiven, so long as you love some type of confectionary or another.

I mean I think 13 is the age you have to be to join, so it could be possible. We had some younguns around back in the day I know, not sure about now.

Then again I was pretty young when I was the leader here so there's that too lol.