DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to dragonmount

Hello everyone!  I'm happy to see a place where I can finally geek out over WoT

I started reading the series the summer after I graduated high school.  Eye of the World was a tough read for me but once I started reading The Great Hunt I was hooked.  I've read the entire series two times now and I am on my third reading of a few of the books. 

I hope to meet some new people here while I wait for my irl friends to start reading the books (it'll happen eventually).  Discussing books and literature is one of my favorite things to do and I look forward to many great discussions!

I actually have yet to read WoT all the way through.

Rereading it every time a new book came out burned me out so by the time the last book came out I read it and never looked back.

One day I would like to read the series cover to cover though.

What other fantasy series do you enjoy?

Also, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy it here.

Yes, welcome!! This is a great place to make new friends  (to replace the lame ones who don't understand your love for WoT :baalzamon: )

Poke around and explore the site - don't miss the social community section, there's a lot of fun to be had there. 

Who are your favorite characters?

Well answer the question of favorite character, my two obvious picks are Mat and Nyeneve.  It's hard for me to choose a favorite. I also liked Elayne a lot on my first readthrough. I was surprised when I saw how much she was disliked. Personally, I like her because she reminds me of Reese Witherspoon from Legally Blonde. The humor in this series really hits my sweet spot and she had a lot of great moments for me.  

As for other series I like, I've got a few.  Before I started reading these books I was really into the Shanara books.  Two very different writing styles there but I like both series a lot.  I haven't read ASOIF in a while but I like those books as well.  Brandon Sanderson's books aren't my absolute favorite but they're pretty good.  One of my all time favorites is Nancy Farmer's Sea of Trolls books.  They really got me into fantasy and I still love them 10 years later.

5 hours ago, 2nd Rate Forsaken said:

Well answer the question of favorite character, my two obvious picks are Mat and Nyeneve.  It's hard for me to choose a favorite. I also liked Elayne a lot on my first readthrough. I was surprised when I saw how much she was disliked. Personally, I like her because she reminds me of Reese Witherspoon from Legally Blonde. The humor in this series really hits my sweet spot and she had a lot of great moments for me.  

As for other series I like, I've got a few.  Before I started reading these books I was really into the Shanara books.  Two very different writing styles there but I like both series a lot.  I haven't read ASOIF in a while but I like those books as well.  Brandon Sanderson's books aren't my absolute favorite but they're pretty good.  One of my all time favorites is Nancy Farmer's Sea of Trolls books.  They really got me into fantasy and I still love them 10 years later.

Mat is always a good choice but I'll admit Elayne is...not one of my favorites.

I like the Shanara books too although I haven't read them all.

Did you read the Jerle Shanara trilogy? The one with the Airship? Those ones are my favorite.

I also really like the Landover series by Brooks as well.

Never heard of the Sea of Trolls.

Kind of sounds like a YA series?

I'd have to say my favorite YA series is the Edge Chronicles.