DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Songs, Albums, and Media For Characters! (Beware, potential Spoilers!)

I had a thought the other day and wanted to share with everyone: What songs, albums, or media could poetry characters, scenes, or other aspects of Wheel of Time?

I'll go first!

Damane: Freak on a Leash - Korn

Freakonaleash.jpg

Also for Damane: Pet - A Perfect Circle

A_Perfect_Circle-Thirteenth_Step.jpg

Semirhage: Reptile - Nine Inch Nails

The_Downward_Spiral.png

Lews Therin: Diary of a Mad Man

Ozzy_Osbourne_Diary_of_a_Madman.jpg

I'm sure I'll think of a few more, but I'd love to hear what everyone else is thinking!

I was thinking about the use of music in any upcoming screen version of the series.

When the Aiel lift their veils I think some old school techno seems appropriate...maybe The Prodigy?

What about for the Aiel I love You....I'll Kill You by Enigma. Zen Rand at Dragonmount must be Dumond's God Music Cosmic Gate Remix or Hemispheres by John OO Fleming and Solarstone.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of Blind Guardian? They are a power metal band, and have two songs about the Wheel of Time. One appropriately called "Wheel of time" and one called "Ride Into Obsession." I know that is not exactly what this thread is about, but they are pretty good songs.

Here's another:

Graendal: You Give Love a Bad Name

YouGiveLoveABadName.jpg

I know I've been using a lot of the 80s Greatest Hits.  But sometimes, when it applies...

This is a more personal thought, but I always imagined what it must be like to embrace Saidar and if I were a man, how to seize Saidin.  These two songs always come to mind when I imagine it:

Embracing Saidar/Seizing Saidin: Parabol/Parabola by Tool off their Lateralus Album.  I felt the dual songs (While not equal in time) show an excellent audio example of what I would imagine the experience to be similar to.

Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg

Also, for Seizing Saidin: Through Fire And Flames - Dragonforce

Through_the_Fire_and_Flames_Single.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I actually posted in a similar BT thread, but a couple by a band called Beast in Black make me think WoT.

They have one called Eternal Fire that lyrically sounds a lot like the One Power being referenced (and also mentioned rebirth and triumph, makes me think of Rand).

They also have one called Blood of a Lion about a King reclaiming their crown, which makes me think of the whole Elayne arc.

There is also a band called Neverland with a song called Voice Inside I think about Rand/LT.