DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Event in Murandy

balefired-ed2

I just finished my umpteenth re-read of KOD, when something occurred to me. Taking a look at some major military forces in the books

The Band- In Murandy

Borderlanders- In Andor, marching south, w/ many AS

Seanchan- Massed on Altaran/Illian border

Illianers- Massed on Altaran/Illian border

Perrin- Marching NW out of Altara

Murandians- Recently unified under an ambitious King(who also plans military reform)

All these forces massed in one general area point to one thing- A MAJOR event happening.

Any Ideas what to expect? Personally, I believe Demandred, known as a gambler as a general, is about to make his presence known in a BIG way.

Perrins actually marching north-west out of Altara, towards Ghealdan. Which nonethless fits.

You also missed out on the Whitecloaks, and whats left of the Shaido, who are both also in the area.

But other then that, you make an excellent point. I hadn't realized such a conversion of forces was occuring.

I think that it all points to the last battle being fought in those lands, that the pattern is bringing together forces for the final fight.

However, it may be the case that there will be one bloody and enormous battle fought on tohse lands. A battle that will end when the dark one finally breaks free and maybe destroys a bunch of people. At the end of each book Rand has stood victorious, but maybe this time he will be sent running by the sheer force of the dark one himself. This would leave us all frothing at the mouth and on the ege of our seats begging and praying for the final book to come and bring closure to the story.

3 "outrigger stories" (among which Mat-Tuon)

and 2 "prequels" (Moiraine meets Lan already; also Tam finds Rand and Moiraine finds Rand).

And Memory of Light.

Let's hope RJ will get well enough to write more than aMoL.

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

I wonder, if Demandred makes his appearance there, is he going to be killed or captured like the other forsaken who revealed themselves? Or did he learn from their blunders and will not appear directly?

I think you caught on to something big there balefire, I'm just speculating but it could be interesting.

i figured that Murandy was were Demandred had made his base. alot of main characters are circling that area, and King Roedran has develop some ninja military skills. i thought demandred was eith the king or one of his advisors.

i know think that Roedrans skill in all things military is a salidar aes sedai plot. they sent 3 sisters to him before they had their own standing army. they were considering going against elaida and had no way to fight a war. this was before Byrne dropped into their laps and the Band suddenly showed up. they trained an army in case they needed it. and murandy was a good option. it had always stood in the shadow of andor, and gaining help from the sisters was a way to gain power for roedran.

i do think that something large will kick off in that area. it's too close to camelyn (camelot) AND tthe black tower to not be any use for the shadow.

I don't think Demandred has one specific base, but i too agree that Murandy reeks of his influence. I mean concider that it's standing army is the largest and most experienced in the world outside of the borderlands, the Aiel and the Seanchan.

From the books we see that Murandy is conciderably more populous then the majority of other lands, and every man and woman conciders themselves this or that lord of ladies man or woman. Not to mention that it has been stated that when challanged by an external threat, the Murandians are always victorious.

I think that situation is something that a military man like Demandred would pick up the potential of.

Murandy sounds a bit to me like Germany before it was unified into the Kaisserreich. Many, at it's height thousands of different principalities. This caused powers such as France and Austria to regularly interfere and invade parts of the territory since there was a lack of central unification.

Only with the coming of Napoleon did the first rising of German nationalism take place. And later the franco-Prussian war caused all Germans to unite against the common foe. And led in the end to the new and shortlived Kaisserreich which had a population almost twice the size of England and France, causing such a geopolitical shift that naturally led to WW1, as there was one superpower too much in Europe now.

I see the same in Murandy. Once they have their ambitious king (mix of Bismarck and Prussian king) take the reins and unite all Murandians under one banner, it will be more powerful then Andor/Cairhien/Tear in terms of manpower and potential.

Seems to me like Demandred, with info and help from the other forsaken, might actually be going for a decent sized skirmish amoung a large number of the forces of light in order to Greatly diminish their strength. Scarily, they might even pull it off.

Everyone on the boards has commented for a while that the Light side has overwhelming forces vs. the Dark One at the moment. The main counter arguement is that there must be Ba-zillions of trollics hiding in Shayol Ghul.

I'm NOW wondering if Demandred is going to use deception and distrust to cause a large scale skirmish amoung all these gathering armies. That would create a Huge blow to the forces of Light so close to TG and only the direct influence of 3 Ta'veren will be able to stop the fighting before it wipes most of the Light's forces out.

It's certainly an interesting idea and would show the forsaken as far more devious and capable then they've come across so far... And make TG seem more like the desperate battle that we've been led to believe it will be, without "TONS of hidden Trollics" as the only answer.

Does anybody know which destination Mat and Perrin have?

Tor' date=' what do you mean by this?

We still don't know where is the second strongest male sa angreal

Callandor's been described as the third strongest "Only two others were made that were stronger than it [Callandor]" iirc, and as far as we know, its referring to the male Choedan Kal and another sa'angreal. Although it could be really bad wording and is referring to both the male and the female Choedan Kal.

As for Mat and Perrin, aren't they both in the vicinity or heading towards it randomly?

Archived