DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Songs That Remind You of WoT

Talmanes

So I know there have been threads about songs actually ABOUT WoT but wanted to do one about songs that aren't actually, but make you think of it.

Mine is:

This song makes me think of the True Source and especially of Rand once he cleanses the Source.

The idea of Eternal Fire and it being so 'pure and strong' plus the line in the chorus about 'rebirth and triumph.'

Every time I hear this song (which is a lot because I recently discovered this album and absolutely love it) it makes me want to stop what I'm doing and continue my reread (which I usually can't do because I listen to music a lot while working lol).

Who else can think of a song that makes you think of WoT and why? Can be just in general, certain characters, events, anything really. Interested to hear from everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just about any song can remind me of the WoT in the right context, but the most likely music to remind me of the story is gentle classical music because of nobles' parties--like Rand being mistaken as a noble when he was chasing Padan Fain. or Mat's memory of the night before the Trolloc Wars began, when his memory was attending a ball.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 29-5-2018 at 3:23 AM, Illian Tear said:

Through the Fire and the Flames could go with Rand when he saw his past memories of LLT

I'd never considered that... DragonForce songs don't tend to remind me of anything except perhaps when I just got into music and they were my favorite band.

(also fixed the spelling)

I was listening to this at work the other day. The lyrics and the feel of the song made me think of Lews Therin, Rand, and the Karatheon Cycle.

Some of the lyrics I'm talking about...
"Oh, the king, Gone mad within his suffering, Called out for relief, Someone cure him of his grief"
"Like the stars chase the sun, 
Over the glowing hill, I will conquer. Blood is running deep, Some things never sleep"
"Like a long stream, 
I'll bear all this echoing, Oh, what is it worth, All that's left is hurt"

Edited by Oddpositions

I got one more...

Crystal by Stevie Nicks...

Kind of reminds me of Rand and his three ladies. Like the last song, it's the lyrics and the mood that remind me of WoT.

"How the faces of love have changed turning
The pages
And I have changed oh, but you...you remain
Ageless
I turned around
And the water was closing all around
Like a glove
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
And I knew
In the crystalline knowledge of you
Drove me through the mountains
Through the crystal, like a clear water fountain