DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :D + BT and Band Folks

Taymist

3 hours ago, Oddpositions said:

Not to push the idea, but we can also stumble across an abandoned building near the lodge. I'm sure the Kin would've known if it was there, so that wouldn't work unless it was an annomoly or something mysterious and unexplained. Or we can have a sinkhole appear when we're digging the well if you guys like the 'disaster' idea.

There are certainly a few abandoned buildings around the Stedding and the surrounding area but not at the Tracker Lodge. You're right that there's literally nothing in the area that's unknown to the 'kin. They've been settled here for many, many generations.

A ground collapse would work well for an accident. Maybe the excavation work for the well disturbs a weakness or fault line...mountains after all... and we literally ALL end up hurt, dazed, injured but some worse off than others obviously. No deaths though.

I do like the stedding thought. Merdyn has never been to one, so that would be fun to RP. He's also never met an Ogier, despite being the son of a High Lord.

Cool. Very few people have... certainly not to this one. I'm afraid he won't meet any Ogier here either, they all left to go live in an occupied Stedding as their numbers had dwindled and they donated this one to the Wolfkin. 

finding a sa/ter/angreal for male channelers in some ruins/the forest or finding records on Manetheren and/or ancient wolf kin (for the kin obviously. this could have critical info or revelations for the kin?), general character building with our characters getting to know each other (which we can do regardless), an attack on the stedding via the ways (which would be interesting with the BT boys not being able to channel in the stedding), have a random NSW character turn out to be a darkfriend and do something nefarious (scooby doo situation? someone is screwing with us while we work and we have to figure out who it is because someone almost died due to mysterious circumstances [there's no way that rock could've fallen on them! someone pushed it!]), if anyone wants to write NSW the Dragon can appear for an 'inspection', bubbles of evil, etc etc...

- We generally stay away from Shadowspawn / trolloc attacks unless it's really relevant to the plot line or is an actual Congress of the Shadow RP with PC's. Once in a while is fine, but I'm not a fan of relying on it as a plot construct. The other problem is that they'd have a hard time infiltrating an area full of Wolfkin and wolves. Our senses are too heightened and we detect creatures of the Shadow too easily. 

- All types of angreal / power items are regulated... again, that's to prevent reliance on an easy solution to every problem. The BT does have a cache of them, though, which was their share of the Bowl of Winds haul and was specifically allocated to them so you could totally use that somehow in a future RP.

- The Waygate in Manetheren is locked and also well guarded by the Band; it's under Alliance control. Any breach of that would need to be well thought out/planned.

- We don't use main NSW characters unless it's a Main Timeline RP (like the proposed Cleansing one). 

- Manetheren is more complex. At one point there was a Main Timeline RP for the Alliance based around resurrecting the old kingdom. We actually put an Aes Sedai Queen on the throne of Andor. It got a bit messy with disputes over proposed borders etc. and in the end, after years of trying to find a resolution, we decided to erase the idea from the Timeline. The Wolfkin have strong ties to the Royal line with descendants theoretically still among our number. It's unlikely with the combined oral history of the 'kin, longevity of the wolves' shared memories, and their joint knowledge of their territory, that anything new would suddenly be found and if it were, I'm not sure what it would be or how it could be important to the 'kin now. Not impossible, I just can't think how it would work offhand.

Darkfriends are a definite possibility if they were temporary BT or Band chars. Couldn't be a 'kin and there's no such thing as random people wandering about near the Stedding, it's far too well concealed. It'd have to be someone that came along with invited visitors..... but, yes, that's plausible. Even if 'kin were suspicious they could convince themselves they're mistaken or over reacting.

Random Bubbles of Evil are also possible. We've done them in the past. It was a substantial story arc, I think, across the whole PSW. 

2 hours ago, Oddpositions said:

We can also have some NSW Ogier come in and educate our characters on stone-masonry. BT and Kin can't do it the same way, but they can benefit from the knowledge. Not super interesting, I know, but just a thought.

NSW Ogier are plausible for future RP's but maybe not for something as insignificant as a well and a storehouse. The Tracker Lodge isn't Ogier built, it was built by a Tracker with the help of a BT friend which is what gave me the original idea for this RP.

I'm not knocking your enthusiasm here,:laugh: never any harm in lots of ideas. But some of these would definitely require a much more detailed and substantial plan. I'd like this RP to be a fairly low key one, focused on the char development and "normal" problems that they have to overcome. 

Awesome, I'm sure he can find something to do! I've just sent Ely through the gateway with a group of nameless Banders, many suffering from the exploits of the night before, so it's an easy enough matter for you and Arinth to slot yourselves in. 

• 1 year later...

Brief update/outline for the benefit of Cass and anyone who was involved in this thread originally. Arinth and I rather hijacked the thread since few of the original posters were currently active, although thanks to Mat for jumping in when she could a couple of times. I took some liberties with Lih-Lyh's character Tris which I hope she'll forgive.

Summary

The Alliance Council is meeting at the Citadel. Rhya is in attendance with Karoan, the Watcher Leader. She has a Dream contact from Aislyn, the Sage Leader, requesting building assistance for underground excavation, i.e. making a new well at the Tracker Lodge.

Band and BT representatives go with Rhya to the Wolfkin Territory via a gateway of Nox's making. A few hardy souls elect to try crossing the Stedding boundary including Arkin, Arinth and Ely from the Band contingent. 

(Note: important to mention that many of the Banders are suffering badly from their drinking exploits of the previous night...so they think. This is about to be picked up in a subsequent Band RP).

The group is eventually moved along on a paced run through varied terrain in the foothills of the Mountains of Mist until they reach the Tracker Lodge. There's some speculation about the need/reasons for such a long journey. On arrival, food and drink is provided by the Wolfkin along with a brief rest.

The group is then split into two. Group A set about clearing a piece of ground for the Asha'man to dig a well using the Power, after Arinth puts his foot in his mouth and Ely has to do some quick intervention :laugh:, and Group B head with Rhya to the other side of the Lodge to build a storeroom. 

Group A discovers a stasis box containing an iron disc ter'angreal, several angreal, a dreamspike and a diary. Rhya and Group B come running to see what's going on. She recognises the dreamspike and quickly states it all has to go to the Citadel for the Council to make a decision about the contents. She sets a guard on the box comprised of one man from each of the forces present. She then sends them to the Lodge to keep it safe and with orders to  inform Owen, the Ranger Leader about its contents. He's been there observing events during the day.

That no sooner happens than sounds of fighting break out as a result of a trap that was set on the stasis box being tripped. Cue fun stabby stuff. Effective end of the RP. 

The fate of the stasis box contents is that the objects of Power will go the BT, except the dreamspike which is going to the Stedding with the Wolfkin. Nothing concrete has been said about the diary but if anyone wants to use it as the basis for an RP in future, it can go to the relevant Group.

Knew you'd be busy. We were trying to leave space and opportunity for BT involvement without writing for you. Jump in again if you have time, we have a few more posts to go still. Or if you want to wait until Arinth's post is up, you could get in on the fighting. Either or both. :smile:

I'll see if I can find time  My work hours are crap right now too many appts and not enough hours worked... working late today just to get in  8 hrs.... not sure I'll have time much time until night so we'll see

• Arie locked this topic