DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

wich country in Randland do you prefer and why is that?

I chose Shienar because it's the borderland we have the most experience of...

At any rate the borderlanders seem to be the least prejudiced. I don't recall any of them wandering around thinking disparaging thoughts about people of other races.

I chose Cairhein! This is because we spend a lot of time there in the books and we know a lot about it. I also chose it because its the country of the Game of Houses and i think thats cool! I like the noble way of dressing with slashes of color and i also think there is something nicely french about the country! I like the pale skin and dark haired looks too :D

I too like Seanchan the best and then the Aiel, but by the wording of the question I assumed that you were just asking about the Randland nations in the mainland. So I voted Shienar because they seem to have the most honor out of the choices available. For the most part, they live and die by their convictions, which I find refreshing and comforting.

I like The Two Rivers personally. It was a nice quiet and peaceful place filled with strong willed, hard working people in a tight nit comunity. Seems like a nice place to be.

Now though, Manetheren rises again and it is on the grow. There is new development and the place is bustling. Seems like an exciting place to be.

Although with Rand being from there, it'll probably become touristy :lol:

I voted for Andor. Prosperous, politically stable, and advanced by local standards. It's also inhabited by free and dignified commoners who aren't always scheming like the Cahienin, getting in duels like the Altarans, getting in civil wars like the Murandians, kow-towing like the Seanchan, or being pushed around like the Tearans under the High Lords or the Amadicians under the White Cloaks.

The Blight, duh. Where else is the wildlife half as awesome?

If it has to be an official country...Tremalking or some other Sea Folk isle. Because the people aren't fighting each other over stupid things, and because I love the ocean.

If it has to be on the mainland...hmmm. Saldaea has the prettiest people and coolest flag, but Altara has Ebou Dar, City of Amusing Madness. And Tear has people who always talk about fish...*continues pondering*

I can't yet say where I like it best,but When I first ''came'' to Caemlyn I liked it there and i like the library in Tar valon!

And this sounds weird: Falme,for some reason I really liked the way that village appeared in my head.Usually when there is a negative experience you don't like that place either,but in this case I do...

Not really sure if you can consider the Waste a country or not but I would have to go with the Aiel Waste. Only because I like Aiel. They are as a people so full of honor and duty. I can respect that and in many ways remind me of Native American tribes. I have a great respect for Native American ways...

I was tempted to go with Arafel because of the bizarre hairstyles, but I settled on Illian; this is almost entirely due to how hysterically funny I find almost everything that Bayle Domon says. Envisioning him uttering some of those lines with a voice comparable to Scrooge McDuck's can leave me in stiches for several minutes. A country full of folk like him would infect me with a hilarity as deadly as Mashadar.

"Just because I can hook a shark from a boat, I do no offer to wrestle it in the water!"

[/whimsy]

Archived