DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] Dancing with the Stars

Mendorah

Wooohoooo! Here we go again! Just call me the Girly Show chick of the Org. I can't help it, I love this show.

Ian: Who knew he could dance??!!! I was a little surprised at how well he did in the first dance and especially being the first one out! Great Job Ian! I mean, it wasn't perfect or professional or anything, but it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. I even clapped and gave them a loud Rock On at the end.

Paulina: Well, I missed most of this one, but the bits that I saw looked ok.

Billy Ray: Oooooh, Karina's wig was a tragedy! Ok, sorry, that wasn't dance related, but it was noteworthy. Hmmm, I don't think Billy Ray cha cha'd, but it was fun to watch anyways. OH lord, next week is the quickstep. After seeing him hop up and down during this one, I think we shoud prepare to see the quickstep butchered. Or like this week it won't really be the quickstep.

Leeza: Poor Leeza. I was hoping she would be graceful. She did have fun though and that makes me smile. The smileon her face throughout the dance was enchanting. She needs a lot of work, though. Her upper body was way too stiff. Bruno's right. She needs to let go.

Joey: He did a great job! He's just goofy lookin'.

Laila: Well color me shocked! She looked Beautiful!!! And not "wow, she's pretty for a female boxer," I mean, she is a very beautiful woman. And she was graceful as well as she was able to dance with command and presence. She's a Contender!

John: He did VERY well for only having 2 weeks to learn everything since he was a last minute replacement. It was very entertaining. I hope he continues on for a while.

Shandi: Eh, it was ok. It wasn't horrible. But the only thing I'm probably going to remember about her was that her leg extension was ghastly and her feet were floppin' around all over the place instead of being pointed when she did those extensions. I didn't like the music either.

Clyde: Valliant effort. He's just a very tall guy and that's hard to teach to be a graceful dancer. But he did alright.

Linda: She did well. I wish her facial expressions were a little more relaxed, and that kick in the air was too fast for me to tell whether she pointed her toes or not. But she did well.

Apollo: Oh my god, those hands are atrocious! Other than that, it wasn't Near as much of a trainwreck as I was expecting from the snippet before they actually danced. He's very cute and it wasn't Bad at all. So he has a chance to do well.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yveva

coincidentally the daily 10 (on E!) ran a story on Dancing with the Stars just as I hit this thread! :) Did Heather Mills McCartney dance?

I'm not sure I will be able to add this to my current Monday lineup, but if it's on I will likely watch for a few songs.

Maybe once The Hills has its finale I'll have room for another show ;)

I like watching this show; the dancing reality series are great in that the competition gets better and better the further along. Other reality series I find lose their attraction as they progress, for some reason. It just finished on TV here, actually. Not that I was paying too much attention. I'm all fixed on DM.com atm.

Yes, Heather Mills did dance and she did pretty well. Pahahaha! I just realized that I called her LINDA! Ooops!

Her partner was great. He would support her weight in parts where her prosthesis didn't want to hold her up. It was obvious that they had practiced for that quite a bit. She just needs to relax a little bit and she'll do even better.

And yeah, kait, I'm with you. The dancing reality shows are awesome because they really are a legitimate competition where the get better and learn and someone excells. It's not the run of the mill people stuck together for a certain amount of time to tear each other's throats out. Although, I Do adore Survivor and Top Model which are two reality shows that do just that, haha! I really can't wait until So You Think You Can Dance comes back on! That one's my Favorite!

Guest Yveva

I watched the UK equivalent of dancing with the stars in the UK and really enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind getting in to the American version, but really what I said about my tv schedule being full is true :) And yes, now that you mention it, I do enjoy that the dancers improve over the course of the events.

Last year (pre-having a fiance who makes me watch boy-stuff) I followed So You Think You Can Dance for several episodes and really wished I could have watched more!! I love watching people make up their own stuff a little more. The individual dances were supersweet!

Did anyone watch MTVs DanceLife? The personal dramas weren't too interesting to me, I'd have it on in the background and then stop whatever I was doing in order to watch them for the actual dancing bits, they were SO GOOD. (*so jealous* :) )

i don't watch MTV. for dance shows, i really like So You Think You Can Dance, just for the variety of styles & also because DWTS takes a while to get going. it's nice to see people dance who can't, but, really. =P i'm waiting for it to build up before i make any calls.

i'd like to pretend i don't watch reality TV. but truth is it's easier to talk about reality tv shows than other genres. you can just feel all the drama; how could you not say something?

Guest Yveva

*lol* yeah, I think reality shows are just more honest that they are manufactured drama *shrug*

do any of you watch Bravo reality shows? I'm thinking about starting some new threads.

Ok, this week I missed some of the beginning. Damn rain. Folks need to learn how to drive when it's wet! So I'll just start with where I came in.

Ian - Great Job! I really like him. He's entertaining and he has great posture. I didn't even notice his frame being off, but I'm not a ballroom dancer, so unless it's pretty blatant, I wouldn't notice that one. He's on my list of people who should make it to the end.

Paulina - Stiff, but cute. I think Carrie-Ann hit the nail on the head when she said that it was obvious that this dancing didn't come naturally to her body.

Billy Ray - Muuuch better! It was enjoyable to watch, although there were a couple of times where it looked like Karina was going to fall over. I will say this though, he's charming. I like a good ole boy. I'll be pulling for him as an underdog.

Heather - She's not a very fluid mover is she? A lot of her movements were the large exaggerated moves of a beginner. But she is a beginner. And a beginner with only one leg. So in light of all of that, she did really well again. She was worried about being sent home first. I don't think she has to worry about that. I mean, there are worse dancers on the show. And even if she thinks for some reason that her ex's fans will railroad her out in votes, I think America is more starstruck with her missing leg to allow that to happen. I mean, really, it's kind of like Jerry Springer last season. People want to see what she can tackle next. And most importantly, they probably want to see if she's gonna fall down. I know, that's mean, but be honest, don't ya wanna see it just once?

John - Well, there was nothing super spectacular about that dance, but once he got comfortable with himself, it was truely enjoyable. He just puts a smile on my face. And of course it doesn't hurt that he has Edyta as a partner who is just friggin' fantastic!

Layla - Whoo! That girl's on fire! Yet again another great job! She can shake it and she's fluid! She's on the top of my list of favorites.

Joey - It wasn't near as good as last week, but it was very entertaining. He did a great job. I think he suffered from being last in a line of other people who performed well. Which is unfortunate. But he'll still do well in the voting. He's not going anywhere in the near future.

Ok, so these are the people I missed, so I'll just go off of their re-caps:

Apollo - looked good

Shandi - She doesn't move her hips much

Clyde - crap, I couldn't tell much from that re-cap

Leeza - Oh dear. an a for Effort and that's about it. I'm glad she's having fun.

Guest Yveva

I watched the last few dancers this week, Layla kicked patootie!!!!! I think I want her to win, but she's a pretty obvious choice, so here's hoping there are some other serious contenders.

I haven't seen the US version, as I don't have access to US TV. However, I do watch the UK version "Strictly Come Dancing", and I thoroughly enjoy it.

How many series have there been in the US?? And is there a pattern to the profession of the winners yet? A small one seems to be appearing here in the UK...

Guest Emperor

We are in season 2. I admit, I watched a little of this Tuesday night because there is absolutely nothing else on TV!

i caught a little of the second week ... i was kinda on DM, though. so i didn't pay much attention ;)

the little i saw was pretty good dancing for the second week. these stars are catching on. it's not cool & you don't win by not trying. & you damage your rep, too.

what about So You Think You Can Dance? i loved that one.

How many series have there been in the US?? And is there a pattern to the profession of the winners yet? A small one seems to be appearing here in the UK...

This is the 4th season of Dancing with the Stars. And so far, there's not really been a pattern.

1st season winner: soap star

2nd season winner: former boy band member

3rd season winner: Superbowl winning football (American) player

Although I will say that the ones who have obviously had training are always above and beyond the others. For instance, I'm not really sure it was fair for Mario Lopez to be on last year as he's a trained dancer. I'm glad Emmit won last year not only because he'll always be remembered as a Dallas Cowboy (Go Cowboys - I'm from Dallas) but also because I just really didn't think it was fair for Mario Lopez to be in the competition.

i

what about So You Think You Can Dance? i loved that one.

I LIVE for SYTYCD!!!! They swapped it around with Dancing with the Stars this year. I was looking forward to ushering in Spring with SYTYCD, but I guess we have to wait just a little longer. And see, I can handle their audition process because they don't drag it out near as long as American Idol does. You can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be starting a thread on that one when it starts. And the dancer in me thinks it's FANTASTIC that we now have not one but TWO dancing shows rotating throughout the year.

Guest Stefania Sedai

Can I just say this about Heather Mills? If they call her an "animal right's activist" or a "charity fund raiser" or whatever it is they call her, I will scream! Would someone please acknowledge that the only reason she is on the show is that she was married to a Beatle!!!! Her "celebrity" status has absolutely nothing to do with her charities and everything to do with Paul!!!! That drives me up a wall! Am I alone here on this one?

Guest Stefania Sedai

That would be hilarious!!! Thanks, Niamh, now I have a new reason to watch.

So this is fun, talking about tv. How does one join the Seanchan? I'll admit that I was put off from even lurking in this org because I automatically assumed Seanchan are like the book charcters and are gonna make me shave my head and paint my pinkynails or something.

Guest Haxorsist

Just click usergroups somewhere over there ----->

and choose The Seanchan.

And yeah, we don't do the stuff from the books, but mandatory finger nail-painting isn't a bad idea... *ponders*

Guest Emperor

If everyone shaves their head, then they would look like me. Hmmm... this may be a fun activity for us to do....

Archived