DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aiel on death

What is it that the aiel say when someone dies? I can't quite remember what it is and i don't have time to thumb through books right now. It's really important though so if anyone can help i'd be greatly appreciative.

I think Rhuarc might have said it in book 2 or 3, but it's been a while since i've read the books. I keep getting it mixed up with the shienaran death rights that Rand used in book 2.

Sorry, i posted this somewhere else but i think i'll have more chance of getting an answer here. Mods can delete the one in Aiel(Org) if they want.

Rhuarc, in book 3, said 'for the young death is an enemy they wish to try their teeth against. To the old, she is an old friend, an old lover... one that we are not eager to meet again so soon.'

When people die, they sing, usually. And the saying is 'life is a dream from which we all must wake.'

Unless you are thinking of 'till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance on the last day, to spit in sight blinders eye at the last moment'.

The shienaran one is 'may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home'.

Rhuarc' date=' in book 3, said 'for the young death is an enemy they wish to try their teeth against. To the old, she is an old friend, an old lover... one that we are not eager to meet again so soon.'

When people die, they sing, usually. And the saying is 'life is a dream from which we all must wake.'

Unless you are thinking of 'till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance on the last day, to spit in sight blinders eye at the last moment'.

The shienaran one is 'may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home'.[/quote']

Ok, maybe it's not in the earlier books at all, i think im going to cry :cry:

Argh, curse my constant reading. It's been ages since i completed the series and since i restarted i've stopped after book 3 due to several other books distracting me.

ANYWAY, i remember someone dying and there was a quote said over their body and it stuck with me for ages but now i've forgotten it. Anyway, my gran just passed and i'd like to put that quote on the wreath. I just can't remember it.

Argh' date=' curse my constant reading. It's been ages since i completed the series and since i restarted i've stopped after book 3 due to several other books distracting me.

ANYWAY, i remember someone dying and there was a quote said over their body and it stuck with me for ages but now i've forgotten it. Anyway, my gran just passed and i'd like to put that quote on the wreath. I just can't remember it.[/quote']

Could you be thinking of "And the last embrace of the Mother welcome you home." That is from TGH, but it is the borderlander funeral rites.

That might just be the one' date=' but there was more to it. Sorry if im being a pest.[/quote']

The Light shine on you,(full name here), and may you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand. The last embrace of the Mother welcome you home.

edited for clarification: This is what Rand says to Lord Ingtar, after Ingtar has confessed, and has decided to Sheath the Sword in the alley.

Archived