DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lost In Space - Netflix Series

HighWiredSith

Anybody watching this or have watched it?  I've watched the first four episodes and the series looks amazing.  I'm not quite sold on the family dynamic thing going on or the weird villain-esque situation with doctor who's not a doctor (was the doctor in the original series actually a doctor?).  I love the robot character and the dynamic between the robot and Will Robinson is the best part of the series so far, other than the top notch special effects.

I watched the whole series.  I workshift work, and this past weekend was my shifts, 12 hr/day, which was enough between Sat and Sun to finish it all between what little work came in.

I was never a fan of this when I was younger, but my 11 yr old is into things like this, so I checked it out.  It's TV 12 (ish) due to some mild cursing, abstract sexual references, and generally scary things that shouldn't affect adults, but were too scary for my daughter.

Overall, I was mostly entertained.  It was 'big-budget' according to an article I read, and nothing in it made me think that it suffered from not having enough money.  The 'chariots' were real land vehicles, totally believable to me.  The space scenes and the space station were also good enough to not break the 4th wall.  I also thought the acting was passable to good, especially by the two youngest stars, Will and the middle sister Penny.

There were some plot holes and some stretches that were pretty boring, but it always pulled me back into it before I gave up.  Being stuck behind a desk for 12 hours makes you more tolerant I suppose.  It also seemed like the writers/directors/producers couldn't figure out exactly who their intended audience was supposed to be. At times there was no cursing at all within an entire episode, and when they suddenly did, it sometimes seemed out of place because another scene prior had more reason for the language but it wasn't used.  Another issue was that some characters actions were at times out of character - without sufficient explanation.

It definitely set itself up for a second season, but it's unknown as of today whether  there will be one.  If it does come out, I will probably watch it.