DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

April Roll Call (2018)

Ryrin

Our holiday was very relaxed as they go! We did  Easter with my family in the afternoon/evening this year. Tasty meal, egg hunt in the living room (it's about 34 degrees here), and watched the Live Jesus Christ Superstar with my parents in their room (they have big comfy fluffy bedroom furniture) before retreating upstairs. Giving State Testing tomorrow not too far from there house, so here I am instead of at home. 

Easter isn't much of a holiday for us. (we're not particularly religious or good with traditions.. Our poor kids.) But we did do an easter egg hunt and dinner with the in-laws and that was nice for the kids. :)

Right now i'm mostly just trying to stay afloat, hoping the world stops trying to drown us. :/

• Club Leader

We didn't really celebrate Ostara or Easter this year. Next year Chuck will be old enough to do the fun stuff, so I imagine we will. I wonder if we can do both? I'm pagan and my daughter is what I call a private Christian. She doesn't like how churches teach, so she keeps to herself in that respect. I'll have to ask her if she minds if I celebrate the Sabbats with Chuck. 

we had a great quiet Good Friday service, that's the day that hits me the most. saturday was nice and quiet and Sunday we had another good service. kept it low key this year, no productions, no choir etc, just a good worship service and message from Pastor. which is really what i needed. something subdued and focused on what's needed

On 4/3/2018 at 5:37 PM, Cross said:

we had a great quiet Good Friday service, that's the day that hits me the most. saturday was nice and quiet and Sunday we had another good service. kept it low key this year, no productions, no choir etc, just a good worship service and message from Pastor. which is really what i needed. something subdued and focused on what's needed

I really get that.

Sometimes I wish we were better with traditions. Even my simple witchy one's i should do for me. Like i'm making up for the time when I used to have church twice a week, with all the churchy things that went with it, and no I do nothing except christmas and maybe american thanksgiving. (Not meant to offend. I grew up a lot in the church of do only church things, and i'm not that at all anymore). 

There are probably small ways I could start building them, but I kinda need to program it into my phone to remind me in advance.... frequently :P

• RP - LEGACY

I'm here, and guess this is how I join.

And at least after reading more, I've got a better understanding of The Kin. And it seems nice here.

We celebrated Easter with a nice dinner with my mom, dad, son, and I. With my mom's health, it's difficult to go out much.

Sounds like folks had good celebrations.