DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Feast of Fools] Writing Prompt

LilyElizabeth

• Club Leader

You all know how this works. I'll begin a paragraph, and you finish it. You may write more than just a paragraph, if you wish. The entries will be judged and prizes awarded. Have fun!

While walking through Tar Valon, I spotted an Aes Sedai. She said to me "...

Edited by LilyElizabeth

While walking through Tar Valon, I spotted an Aes Sedai. She said to me "My, what lovely shawls you wear upon your.. shoulders." I had to stop and blink at her for a moment, processing what she had meant by it. I looked down to realize that indeed! I was wearing a great many shawls. Thinking I only had but one green shawl on this morning I was confused as to where the others came from. Before me, the Aes Sedai was no longer an Aes Sedai but the Amyrlin Seat. Her scowl was deep. 

"Well. If you are going to wear a shawl, you may as were a proper one." I look down and the shawls that were on my shoulder were no longer there, but instead a Keeper's Stole wound it's way around my neck and down to my knees. Very confused I looked to the Amyrlin Seat. 

"Much better. The next time you dream, child. Dream bigger."

Edited by Arie

• RP - LEGACY

While walking through Tar Valon, I spotted an Aes Sedai. She said to me "...

"What brings you out on this rainy day?" And until she had spoken those words, I had not noticed the rain. Looking up at the grey sky, drops fell on my face. I turned to reply, but found her gone.

With a sigh, I pulled my shawl tighter about my shoulders and continued walking with a quicker pace, when I saw another Aes Sedai walking to me, she looked startled. "Where are you going in such a rush?"

I was about to point out the rain until I noticed that it had stopped and that the sun shone brightly over head. Confused, I looked back to her, but found that she was no where to be seen.

Shaking my head, I continued on my way. A cobblestone caught my toe and I was tumbling forward. Instinctively I reached out to stop my fall, but never felt the ground.

With a jerk, I looked around, finding myself sitting in class in my novice white. Before me stood an Aes Sedai, her looking at me peculiarly. "Why did you come to the White Tower?"

"To become Aes Sedai." There was no hesitation, even though I was not sure what had just happened to me. Surely I had been walking through Tar Valon. It had been raining. And then sunny. And I had stumbled along my way. That had happened, I was sure, yet here I was in class. "To become Aes Sedai," I said again a bit louder, as though to make sure I had truly said it.

The Aes Sedai smiled at me. "Study hard and learn well. Face obstacles. Remain dedicated. Light willing, one day you will be."

• Elgee locked this topic