DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lans' Bond

fownde

Ok, so my wife and I are disagreeing on this. She has read all books up to 11, but that was about 2 years ago. I am currently reading through book 8 and I'm still in the beginning chapters. Basically our disagreement is this. At the end of book 7, Nynaeve still doesn't have Lans' Bond (near as I can tell), we both agree on that. But she says somewhere between book 7 and 8, the bond was passed. There was no mention anywhere about that, but she insists that even before they head through the gateway to use the bowl of winds (chapter 1 I think), that Nynaeve has the bond. I don't recall reading anywhere in there that she did. In fact, the last I read was that Myrelle was still with the group traveling to the white tower, but somehow ends up in Ebu Dar (sp?). Perhaps I'm missing something, but can someone clarify? If the bond is passed later in book 8, please don't specify when. I'm still at the beginning. I basically just want to know if, in the beginning couple chapters, does she have his bond or not.

Thanks,

Guest Barmacral

What probably confused her is that in the beginning of book 8 Nynaeve looks in the direction that Lan had gone. She probably thinks this means that Nynaeve has the bond, but really Nynaeve is just a very good tracker. Myrelle still has the bond.

In LoC- but in WH Rand alludes to the fact Lan told him Myrelle had released him- it's in the section with Alanna, it's why Rand asks for her to release him. Lan told Rand Myrelle had released HIM, and Min is also under the impression Nynaeve and Lan are bonded.

Cadsuane comments that they act like they are bonded, but she notes to herself she's seen through it- that in KoD, as I recall.

In LoC- but in WH Rand alludes to the fact Lan told him Myrelle had released him- it's in the section with Alanna, it's why Rand asks for her to release him. Lan told Rand Myrelle had released HIM, and Min is also under the impression Nynaeve and Lan are bonded.

Lan didn`t say that Myrelle released him, he only told Rand that Moiraine had passed the bond to Myrelle upon death. During this conversation Rand could have asked Lan whether it was possible to be released, or he simply figured out that if the bond could be passed between two people, it could probably be released as well, since it`s not permanet.

Archived