DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TG: Tua'than?

okstate91

Guest Barmacral

Nobody knows...

I did hear a theory at some point though that sounds plausible... it may be that Rand will have to sing to grow the bore back to a point of being sealed. To do this he would need Ogier, Aiel of the first covenant (or at least Aiel that have fled to the Tuatha-an after Rand revealed the truth of the Aiel's past). This would result in the Tuatha-an singing along with Rand, singing the lost songs that are needed to be sung.

Well, when I first read it it was better put together than what I just babbled, but there you go. A theory that I actually rather like.

i think that the "gasp' moment in KoD would of been a lot more effective if RJ had made the Tinkers commit mass suicide (or even been slaughtered) due to the events of the Cleansing.

i know it wouldn't have worked logistically - thousands of miles away from the hand on Tremalking - but we've met the Travelling people, and I for one have quite a bit of respect for them as a people. I admit i hated aram , but i liked Raen and his wife - they reminded me somewhat of my grandparents.

we'd of seen and understood the true tragedy of the death of an entire race, and been able to put it into real, human terms.

the Amayar on the other hand were faceless.

• Community Administrator
Didn't Elayne and Aviendha find a ter'angreal in Caemlin (KoD) containing thousands of songs...

Oh' date='... Barmacral, I'm sorry man, but I really don't see TG being a karaoke evening :lol:

although, yes, it's a very pretty idea

and another thing, you're dog is freaking me out, quit it[/quote']

They found a ter'angreal containing what seemed like a library in it. But they haven't figured out how to access it.. Let alone read it.

Guest Barmacral

Singing is a very strong part of the storyline, and its quite possible that those of the First Covenant will sit there and do the singing, while the forces of the light stand around them and defend them. I'm not suggesting that singing is by any means a major part of the battle, just the critical part... and one of several things that Rand must do to win.

Actually, Aviendha did identify a ter'angreal that plays music in KoD. "She thought a small hinged box,apparently ivory and covered with rippling red and green stripes,held music, hundreds of tunes, perhaps thousands."

I think the singing will come after TG, with the song of planting.

Yeah, Aviendha found the singing ter'angreal, but thats not gonna help with the Song. The Song is not so much a set bit of lyrics, as it is the noises made by someone with a Talent called the Voice. It's akin to Ogier Treesinging, wordless and only workable to someone with the ability.

Archived