DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The wolf king?

Narcissism

Now i don't have my books to hand at the mo, just re-reading and it came to my attention that in KoD Perrin is reffered to as the wolf king, trading his axe for the hammer.. heralding the last battle etc etc

But where has Perrin aquired this title from? Do wolves have a hierarchy apart from pack leaders? or is it simply because he is one of the three big players that they laid this title upon him?

Oz x

The wolves don't have any particular hierarchy...

I think it would be something that gets attached to him sort of after the battle. You know word gets out that wolves seem to have fought on his side and suddenly people are calling him Wolf King.

It's a prophetic title, as much hyperbole as it is literal. Remember too, however, that Perrin has royal claims between the whole Manetheren thing, and his actual claim to the Broken Crown. And he is very wolf-like. Since it seems likely that he will wear the Broken Crown--between Min's viewings about him and about Lord Davram--well, describing him as a 'wolf' 'king' is not nessasarily that far of either.

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

I don't remember which book it was in but verin at some point muses to herself. saying something about when will he give up the axe for the hammer, i think it is in TSR somewhere.

Archived