DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seanchan Survey =)

Niamh Sedai

Well I suggested it and Empy is making me do it so here I am. I'm going to ask you a few questions on Gaming, Films and Television. Once we have a sizeable body of replies, over the Seanchan we'll be able to cater discussions to tastes that are widely popular here at DM.

So here goes.

Film

1) What is/are your favourite genre/s of film?

2) Name one or several favourites films.

3) Are there any Actors or Actresses whose work you are interested in?

4) Are there any directors whose work you are interested in?

5) Any Films that have been released or are going to be released that you would like to discuss?

Gaming(I know little about Gaming so please feel free to tell me my questions are stupid. Nicely of course.;))

1) What Games Consoles do you own?

2) What is your prefered Games console?

3) What Genre of Games do you enjoy?

4) Name some favourite Games.

5) Are there any released or forthcoming Games you would like to discuss?

Television

1) What sort of TV programmes do you like?

2) Name Some Television Programmes you watch regularly.

3) Are there any soon-to-arrive programmes that you are interested in?

4) Are there any programmes that are only largely watched in your country that you watch? (I.e. In the UK there Doctor Who, Life on Mars etc)

5) Name some programmes you would like discuss

I know you all love surveys really! Please fill it in!

Guest Barmacral

To clear things up for people, do you want them to just respond here, or send you a PM with the answers? Or is that just left up to them?

Guest Barmacral

Film

1) What is/are your favourite genre/s of film? Action/Comedy

2) Name one or several favourites films. 300, Gladiator, Men with Brooms, beerfest

3) Are there any Actors or Actresses whose work you are interested in? Not particularly no...

4) Are there any directors whose work you are interested in? Again not really... maybe once my cousin starts directing I'll start paying more attention to that.

5) Any Films that have been released or are going to be released that you would like to discuss? Spiderman 3!

Gaming(I know little about Gaming so please feel free to tell me my questions are stupid. Nicely of course.Wink)

1) What Games Consoles do you own? My roomate owns an Xbox, I just have a computer.

2) What is your prefered Games console? Computer

3) What Genre of Games do you enjoy? RPG, 1st person shooters, racing...

4) Name some favourite Games. World of Warcraft, Halo 2, Need for speed 3 Hot Pursuit (yes, I'm referring to that age old game), ski free was a classic...

5) Are there any released or forthcoming Games you would like to discuss? Warhammer Online looks really good.

Television

1) What sort of TV programmes do you like? Comedy, CSI... not reality TV... I'm actually not much of a TV person all around

2) Name Some Television Programmes you watch regularly. Just for laughs.. Royal Canadian Air Farce... Westwing before they stopped making it.

3) Are there any soon-to-arrive programmes that you are interested in? None that I can think of...

4) Are there any programmes that are only largely watched in your country that you watch? (I.e. In the UK there Doctor Who, Life on Mars etc) I have no idea. Royal Canadian Air Farce maybe?

5) Name some programmes you would like discuss. Can't think of any.

Comedy/action/ the occasional Drama

LoTR series, Star Wars series, Man of the Year, Narnia, Stranger Than Fiction.

3) Are there any Actors or Actresses whose work you are interested in? No one in particular

4) Are there any directors whose work you are interested in? Speilberg, Bruckheimer(He's a producer though isn't he?)

5) Any Films that have been released or are going to be released that you would like to discuss? N/A

Gaming

PS2, PSP, Maybe a XBOX 360 soon hopefully

PS2

RPG, Sports

Final Fantasy 1-10, 12, Madden '07, MLB 2K7, Lego Star Wars

5) Are there any released or forthcoming Games you would like to discuss? N/A

Television

Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Future Weapons, Most History Channel shows, SG-1, SG-Atlantis, Farscape, Eureka, Sportscenter, Daily Show, Family Guy, Futurama...etc

See Above

SG-1 Season 10.5

4) Are there any programmes that are only largely watched in your country that you watch? (I.e. In the UK there Doctor Who, Life on Mars etc)

See 1

5) Name some programmes you would like discuss. N/A

*ogles cadsuane's sig* hmmm.... oh, riiight. married now. :(

Film

action, comedy (but not slapschtick)

The Big Lebowski, Tombstone, Sin City, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Team America: World Police, American Psycho

Christian Bale's impressed me lately, Ed Norton's good, um, Val Kilmer has his moments... I guess I don't really have a favorite actor.

Nope.

5) Any Films that have been released or are going to be released that you would like to discuss?

Spiderman 3, Die Hard 4 (little scared of that one), Transformers (very afraid to see this, but I feel like I have to).

Gaming(I know little about Gaming so please feel free to tell me my questions are stupid. Nicely of course.)

None from the last 2 generations.

... Equally indifferent to them all, but the Wii has that sweet-looking new Zelda...

RPG's, some action 3rd person games...

Final Fantasy series, Zelda series, Devil May Cry

Ummm, Legend of Zelda? Only because it's the only game that's motivating me to even consider getting any kind of system.

Television

Cartoons. Um, that's about it, I think.

None that are contemporary. No cable...

I wouldn't know even if there were.

The Red Green Show, I guess.

Um, yeah, drawin' a blank on this one... Unless anyone wants to discuss cartoons that are now 10-20 years old...[/b]

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that this isn't helpful to you guys in the least. :oops:

Film

fantasy, sci-fi, comedy

LotR, The Matrix, Star Wars IV-VI, Love Actually, Serenity, Austin Powers, Contact, Spiderman I and II, Batman Begins

Renee Zellweger, Elijah Wood, Christian Bale, Gillian Anderson...that's all I can think of right now.

None I can think of.

Not unless someone decides to make The Hobbit, no.

Gaming(I know little about Gaming so please feel free to tell me my questions are stupid. Nicely of course.Wink)

Xbox 360, computer

Computer

RPG, strategy, simulation

Neverwinter Nights, Civilization II, the Sims, SimTower, Burnout (xbox 360)

Eh...Neverwinter Nights, maybe. The first one, I mean...I don't have the second, and probably will not get it because I have not heard good things about it. Though if you do discuss it, I'll probably pop in from time to time.

Television

comedies, and a random assortment of others...see below

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, and reruns: Firefly, X-Files, King of Queens, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, That 70's Show.

I don't really know of any...

No idea.

See any of the ones I listed.

Eh...Neverwinter Nights, maybe. The first one, I mean...I don't have the second, and probably will not get it because I have not heard good things about it. Though if you do discuss it, I'll probably pop in from time to time.

PSSST... It's an enjoyable game. I've only played it a little bit but my brother has alot more and he seems to enjoy it.

Guest Cadsuane

*leads SBW a merry chase across the Island and back ON TOPIC* :wink:

Thanks everyone who completed this survey. Any other responses are welcome!

Guest Stefania Sedai

Here goes nothing...

Film

Comedy, drama

Dirty Dancing (greatest movie ever made), Practical Magic, Narnia, Michael

Julia Roberts, Val Kilmer, George Clooney

not that I can think of

300 (haven't seen it yet but want to)

Gaming(I know little about Gaming so please feel free to tell me my questions are stupid. Nicely of course.)

Television

Mostly dramas but also home stuff

ER, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, Robin Hood, Iron Chef America, Flip this House

Don't know of any

Don't all countries like US TV?

ROBIN HOOD on the BBC! Three episodes and I am hooked already!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am new and figured this would be a fun thing to do as I explore the boards! :D

Film

1) What is/are your favourite genre/s of film? I like so many but I am partial to fantasy, some sci/fi, childrens, as well as quirky, original films (which should totally be genre!)

2) Name one or several favourites films. Star Wars (original trilogy), Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Serenity, The Sound of Music, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

3) Are there any Actors or Actresses whose work you are interested in? I don't really follow actors.

4) Are there any directors whose work you are interested in? I am more interested in the content than the director.

5) Any Films that have been released or are going to be released that you would like to discuss? I'll discuss any movie I've seen. Sorry I'm so vague!

Gaming

1) What Games Consoles do you own? Super Nintendo. Yeah, sorta old school, ha.

2) What is your prefered Games console? To be honest, I rarely play. When I do, it's old school Nintendo or Super NES.

3) What Genre of Games do you enjoy? Anything that's not too violent.

4) Name some favourite Games. Donkey Kong!!

5) Are there any released or forthcoming Games you would like to discuss? No, it's not my thing.

Television

1) What sort of TV programmes do you like? I don't watch a lot of TV. I mostly watch things that are unusual enough to catch my interest. If I am working around the house and need background noise I put on mindless TV like Style network or design/fashion shows.

2) Name Some Television Programmes you watch regularly. Currently, I only watch Heroes (which I adore!) but I watch Alias on DVD and I used to watch Charmed.

4) Are there any programmes that are only largely watched in your country that you watch? I don't know, I don't follow TV culture.

5) Name some programmes you would like discuss. Any of the shows I listed above. :)

Archived