DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Confrontations

Froix

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cwestervelt
I doubt its possible for Cadsuane to get along with anyone who doesn't jump at a glance from her. Even Sorilea gets the supsicious glare and I think she's the only one who has held to her own in Cadsuane's prescence.

If Egwene and Cadsuane meet' date=' I particularly look forward to Egwene being "stood on her head" as they say.

Cadsuane used to irritate me to no end but after reading the books again I realized she's just like Nynaeve: administers her own view of manners and behavior and completely disregards her own behavior and lies to herself about what she is really doing.

She's probably supposed to teach Rand and the Asha'men to ignore shallow attempts to provoke them.[/quote']

I think you do a serious disservice to Cadsuane and you are wrong when you say she doesn't show respect to anyone.

She is suspicious of Sorilea, and she is right to be. The Aiel agenda involves the "Car'a'carn" and the "Dragon Reborn" is just a "Wetlander" thing. Sorilea should be just as suspicious of Cadsuane's agenda. That doesn't mean they don't respect each other though. The indications are that they do respect each other.

As to her lack of respect for others, that is understandable. Most of them either behave like spoiled brats and whiny brats, or they are just plain dumbstruck by her very presence. It's rather hard to respect and take people seriously in those situations. Not to mention hearing the "I thought you were dead" line every time someone sees her would be enough try the Patience of a saint.

I doubt its possible for Cadsuane to get along with anyone who doesn't jump at a glance from her. Even Sorilea gets the supsicious glare and I think she's the only one who has held to her own in Cadsuane's prescence.

If Egwene and Cadsuane meet' date=' I particularly look forward to Egwene being "stood on her head" as they say.

Cadsuane used to irritate me to no end but after reading the books again I realized she's just like Nynaeve: administers her own view of manners and behavior and completely disregards her own behavior and lies to herself about what she is really doing.

She's probably supposed to teach Rand and the Asha'men to ignore shallow attempts to provoke them.[/quote']

I think you do a serious disservice to Cadsuane and you are wrong when you say she doesn't show respect to anyone.

She is suspicious of Sorilea, and she is right to be. The Aiel agenda involves the "Car'a'carn" and the "Dragon Reborn" is just a "Wetlander" thing. Sorilea should be just as suspicious of Cadsuane's agenda. That doesn't mean they don't respect each other though. The indications are that they do respect each other.

As to her lack of respect for others, that is understandable. Most of them either behave like spoiled brats and whiny brats, or they are just plain dumbstruck by her very presence. It's rather hard to respect and take people seriously in those situations. Not to mention hearing the "I thought you were dead" line every time someone sees her would be enough try the Patience of a saint.

yeah, and it's cool for Cadsaune to kidnap athan'miere dignitaries and spank them...please.

J

Guest cwestervelt

After the attack on Rand, Cadsuane found the Windfinder and the Cairienin Noble (too lazy to look it up right now) tied up by someone. She was going under the assumption that they knew something of what happened, otherwise they wouldn't have been in that situation. Thier refusal to give any kind of explanation in that situation would make any investigator suspicious and have them held for questioning as a person of interest at a minimum.

The Seafolk Emmissary would have made all Seafolk pround with the way she was treating Cadsuane and all other "shore bound" people like dirt. Her attitude towards Cadsuane was enough to make a spoiled brat seem well behaved. The Emissary acted like a child, and Cadsuane treated her as one.

Perrin vs. Slayer would be a nice rematch.

Sevannah meets Rand. She's been taken as da'covale from what I recall. I assume in Rand's dealings with the Seanchan, their paths will cross, and as usual, she'll make a spectacle of herself.

Moiraine and Cadsuane would be interesting. It'd be nice for Cadsuane to encounter an Aes Sedai who has done even more significant things than she has and has absolutely no ego about it.

Moiraine and Siuan. Best friends forever! :D

Birgitte vs. Moghedien. They have a score to settle and I'm surprised no one mentions it.

Guest Egwene

I am suprised noone has mentioned Rand meeting his half-brother Galad!!

Cadsuane v. Egwene... I think they will recognise in each other a similar nerve of steel and determination and grudgingly give respect where respect is due.

Moiraine and Thom

Egwene meeting Tuon - this one is probably eminent and should be interesting to say the least.

And the one we already know is coming up....

Egwene and Elaida's teaparty... with fireworks laid on I imagine

:wink:

Guest cwestervelt
Perrin vs. Slayer would be a nice rematch.

Sevannah meets Rand. She's been taken as da'covale from what I recall. I assume in Rand's dealings with the Seanchan' date=' their paths will cross, and as usual, she'll make a spectacle of herself.

Moiraine and Cadsuane would be interesting. It'd be nice for Cadsuane to encounter an Aes Sedai who has done even more significant things than she has and has absolutely no ego about it.

Moiraine and Siuan. Best friends forever! :D

Birgitte vs. Moghedien. They have a score to settle and I'm surprised no one mentions it.[/quote']

I hope you are not another Cadsuane hater. She doesn't actually have an egotistical attitude. That is one of the things that sets her appart from the other Aes Sedai. Yes, she doesn't like to see Aes Sedai disrespected, but no one should like seeing there peers treated that way.

The point that I am trying to get across is that Cadsuane treats people in a way that is consistent with that person's behavior.

The Aes Sedai all sit there and "I thought you were dead" and fawn and live in fear of displeasing her. The act like they are her inferiors so Cadsuane treats them like inferiors.

Rand is rude and overly forceful with her (and everyone else for that matter), so she treats him as someone in need of manner lessons.

The Seafolk Windfinder and her Cairhienin noble lover get tied up and shoved under a bed when an attack on Rand was in progress. The make themselves look suspicious be refusing to explain what happened so she treats them as persons of interest.

Sorilea is open with her and unintimidated so Cadsuane treats her as someone worthy of respect and a potential friend. (Note, Sorilea's treatment of other Wise Ones, is very similar to the way Cadsuane treats other Aes Sedai. Amys showed some backbone and now isn't just walked all over.)

The Seafolk Emmisary behaves as a child on the verge of a tantrum. Cadsuane treats her as that child.

Verin, shows that she is not completely intimidated by Cadsuane, Cadsuane begins to confide and treat her as an equal.

Rand and Gawyn?

Rand and Mat? (They haven't seen eachother in a while)

What about Rand and the Borderlanders?

To tell you the truth I'm the most excited about Rand meeting Tam again. What will they say to eachother? Will Tam be the person to teach Rand how to laugh and cry again?

mat and his rematch with the gholam thats gonna be sweet as chocolate pie

and perrin and darkhound or trollocs or any shadowspawn/darkriends at TA I just want him to leave the mayeners in charge of his little company or something and go and stand alone in front of a load of shadowspawn/darkriends then send a thought and a sea of wolves will rip them to shreds. oh yeh.

To tell you the truth I'm the most excited about Rand meeting Tam again. What will they say to eachother? Will Tam be the person to teach Rand how to laugh and cry again?

I'm thinking that Tam was one of the few who died at Malden. During the battle he was out in front commanding the troops. And there is a thought from Rand in WH when he was thinking he would like to see his father again before he died. I could see Tam being dead and Caudsuane saying somthing that will make him break. And possibly Soriela(?) would be in on it also.

Cadsuane vs. Tuon... am i the only one that thinks that if anyone can make tuon change her mind, its cads?

Tuon vs Egwene... im looking forward to this also.

Cadsuane vs Semirhage. For the obvious reasons.

have people forgotte Gawyn and Egwene?

she intends to marry him, take him as her warder...the last time she saw him she was with the aiel and suddenly called back to the aes sedai in apparent disgrace....

how will he take her new status/strength?

not to mention he will be fighting against her army

will she be able to change his mind about rand?

how is he going to cope with elayne's choice of husband?

i cant wait until somebody recognises morgase...

that will be awesome

btw, alivia is supposed to HELP rand die...not to kill him (as such)

• 6 months later...

Rand vs Moridin. Ive been waiting for the fight for an eternity! I can see this fight being better than the fight between Rand and the Dark One

Logain vs Taim. Goes without saying. Technically Taim should win because hes Forsaken-trained

Moiraine vs Mesaana. This would be a good return for her, if she killed another Forsaken

Lan and Isam. Lan would win. Put Nynaeve in danger, maybe a hostage situation, to make sure Lan is angry enough to kill his uncle

I think Mat Vs Shaidar Haran is correct but I wonder if Mat's medallion protects against the TP.

Another question is how the Gholam will be killed, I wonder if balefire will work and if it won't where the hell is someone going to get more quicksilver.

Alivia vs any forsaken: it would have been interesting to see Alivia vs. Lanfear before she went to finnland.

Egwene vs. Elida: that would be interesting

Mat vs. the finns: as someone said really interesting

Rand and Galad - will Galad as a whitecloak accept him as a half brother or a channeler?

Galad's chapter in KOD strongly indicates that he will accept Rand, at least as a channeler. Half-brother might take a little longer.

And of course, Galad being trained in the White Tower should make him quite a bit more tolerant of channeling than the average whitecloak. He did after all start a war just to help Nynaeve and Elayne, and with his personality of always doing what's right, his relation to Elayne should not have played any greater part of that decision. So he is probably quite open-minded about channeling, at least as long as it concerns fighting the DO.

I think Mat Vs Shaidar Haran is correct but I wonder if Mat's medallion protects against the TP.

Even if it does protect against TP, which I find a bit unlikely, we don't know if it is TP that SH uses. I kinda doubt that as well.

Doesn't matter, it's Fain, not Mat who will take out SH.

Verin vs Cadsuane! I know that, most likely, Cadsuane would be a protagonist till the end, but I'd like to see her become a turncoat and be taken care of by the omnipotent Verin! Now that would be something!

Any scene which would involve Faile being cornered and completely helpless amongst a Fist of Trollocs that haven't been fed in months would be great, too.

I don't think Verin's power lies in open confrontation. Her power lies in everyone underestimating her, and not knowing what she is up to.

I would like to see Cadsuane in an open confrontation with someone though... although to be fair i dont think that there are many would will be able to stand toe to toe with Cadsuane.

Well, there is a small possibility Cadsuane could take on one of the remaining forsaken. With all her gadgets, that would be a fun fight to see :D

id like to see

Moiraine vs Cadsuane

Moiraine seems to think Cads might be black ajah and Cads seems to think Moir has made a complete mess of things. Should b interesting. Also Cads has now taken Moir's place as Rands advisor even though she isnt as close as moir was. He cares about Moir more. I can see some issues here. Any scene with moir is great and throw Cads in aswell. Wow :D

Archived