DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Confrontations

Froix

Guest Froix

Egwene vs Cadsuane

Egwene has held her own against the rebel Sitters (Romanda and Lelaine specially). I would really like to see how Cadsuane reacts towards Egwene, the child Amyrlin, when they finally meet.

Rand vs Tuon

I have trouble picturing Rand kneeling to the Daughter of the Nine Moons. With Mat beside his wife, It would be pretty interesting.

What do you think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Majsju

Egwene meeting Cadsuane...Now that would be interesing, we'd probably finally see Cadsuane finding someone worth a bit of respect :)

Rand facing Tuon...I'm afraid RJ won't fulfill my wish, and have Rand blast first her, then erevy single Seanchan into oblivion. Preferably after some good ol' torture. After all, seanchan is just shadowspawn that looks human...

Guest Froix

I think describing the seanchean as shadowspawns is a little too strong. After all, they may as well be Mat's people.

I apparently failed to describe my intention on starting this thread. I'm inviting you to post which confrontations you are looking forward to. Besides Rand facing the Dark One of course.

Moiriane vs. just about everyone.

I want to see her reaction of no surprise at all when she finds out Egwene is Amyrlin, her reaction to Rand being such an ass, her reaction to seeing Lan now with Nynaeve, and with everyone else. She's going to be so cool, I've missed her.

Demandred vs. Rand

I've really been looking forward to this one. Demandred always seemed like the one to really challenge Rand, besides Moridin.

Nynaeve, Egwene, Min, Aviendha, and Elayne vs. Tuon

All of their reactions to Mat's wife are going to be classic. I can just about see it now: "ARE YOU MAD?! YOU MARRIED MAT CAUTHON?!!!"

Mazrim Taim vs Rand and Logain

IF Taim is a bad guy this is going to be really awesome, and if he's not it's still going to be pretty awesome.

Thom vs Morgase

Ex lovers are always fun to see back together.

Mat vs. Perrin

These guys haven't seen each other in a while.

Faile vs. Tuon

I forgot about this one, it might be interesting.

Cyndane vs Rand

I've been looking forward to this one for 6 books. It's going to be awesome!

Kadere, I think you are right in the "no surprise" thing on two accounts.

1. In TEOTW Moraines POV mentioned at the time that Egwene hid Rand in the ladys apartments, that if she showed that much initiative in the tower she could be Amyrlin some day.

2. And she absolutley knew about Nynaeve and Lan coming together and even wished them well in the letter to Thom.

Guest Majsju

Logain vs Taim. About time Logain does something to earn the glory Min has seen waiting for him.

Fain vs Slayer. Evil vs evil, and I would love to see them both pull out all the little special "gifts" they've been given.

Rand vs SH vs Fain. Fains Gollum-moment. I want to see SH completely own Rand, just to have Fain jump out from nowhere, scream something about "al'Thor is mine!", and plant his dagger in SH's back.

Egwene vs Elaida. Elaida is in for a big surprise if she seriously thinks Egwene is about to surrender...

Rand vs Moridin. Moridin seems to have something very nasty planned for Rand. Rand has this habit of making sure Moridins plans never turn out quite as expected.

Alivia vs Seanchan. I hope she gets her revenge, and annihilates an entire army. Or two.

Egwene meeting Cadsuane...Now that would be interesing' date=' we'd probably finally see Cadsuane finding someone worth a bit of respect :)

[/quote']

I believe Cadsuane has already met someone who earns her respect. Sorilea. Nynaeve is pretty close. She probably respects Rand but she could never admit it.

I too wish to see Egwene vs Elaida. That has been a long time coming.

Moiraine vs Cyndane. Part II the rematch. Moiraine can scoreboard saying she's back and didn't have to change bodies.

Mat vs. the snakes and foxes. This time he gets to cheat.

Um, elayne and her mother? Ive been waiting on that for quite a while.

Asha'man and Elaida. She'd [poop] a brick!

Rand and his son and daughter. Maybe he'll feel like the rest of us for once.

Seanchan and the Asha'man. I dk why but i LOATH the Seanchan, so it's be nice to see some seanchan get raped by alittle of their own medicine.

Guest Froix

Gawyn vs Galad

I wonder what would happen in that little love triangle they have with Egwene. Not to mention their ideas of who killed their mother. Who's the better fighter? Me thinks Galad.

Mat vs Any Forsaken

I think Mat with his Ter-angreal and extraordinary Luck is more than a match against any of the forsaken. I believe he's danced with one already.

Mat vs Shaidar Haran

I've been thinking on who Shaidar Haran will be facing in the end and since the power won't be any help to anyone who holds it, I think Mat is the best candidate. Mat seems to attract all the Dark One's shadowy creatures: Darkfriends, Trollocs, Gray Men and Darkhounds. Not to mention the Gholam.

Alivia vs Seanchan. I hope she gets her revenge' date=' and annihilates an entire army. Or two.[/quote']

....or two. Damn...i forgot about her. Isn't she also supposed to kill Rand as part of his die/live again prophecy?

Maj,

Not a fan of the Seanchan, hey? Why so much against the insect-helmet wearing drawlers?

Nyneave vs Moghedien - cool rematch!

Rand vs Egwene

Perrin vs Darkhounds

Rand vs Slayer - being partly Rand's uncle can't just be coincidence. They'll have to encounter one another at some point.

Anyone vs Demandred - where the heck has he been all this time? Shara? I vote Shara. I think he's going to come over the Dragonwall with an army of chanelers behind him. Or better yet, he could just travel them right into the middle of the fighting.

Nice!

I doubt its possible for Cadsuane to get along with anyone who doesn't jump at a glance from her. Even Sorilea gets the supsicious glare and I think she's the only one who has held to her own in Cadsuane's prescence.

If Egwene and Cadsuane meet, I particularly look forward to Egwene being "stood on her head" as they say.

Cadsuane used to irritate me to no end but after reading the books again I realized she's just like Nynaeve: administers her own view of manners and behavior and completely disregards her own behavior and lies to herself about what she is really doing.

She's probably supposed to teach Rand and the Asha'men to ignore shallow attempts to provoke them.

Guest Majsju
Maj' date='

Not a fan of the Seanchan, hey? Why so much against the insect-helmet wearing drawlers?

[/quote']

If yiou have to ask, I suggest you reread the books and consider just what practice the Seanchan has that makes me view them as equal to shadowspawn in terms of evil...

And it's not that their accent is described as sounding like texan, though that doesn't exactly help :wink:

Guest Majsju

Well, while I certainly don't like people like Elaida, arrogant brat with a head five sizes too big, it's far from being evil.

Tam and Rand.. they havent met since the first book.. and now Tam is with Perrin!!! i have been waiting for this meting for the last 7 books or something. hehe :D

Elayne and Mat.. i have been picturing this. i hope it will be inthe last book.. hehehe..

Archived