DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Altered Carbon (Netflix Sci Fi)

Nolder

11 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Nah.  

Should I?

You like Sci Fi? Murder Mystery? Gratuitous sex, violence, nudity?

If yes to any 2/3 then yeah probably.

9 hours ago, 2RiversFan said:

I watched it as well.  As Netflix originals go, it was one of the better ones, but still falls FAR short of something like Game of Thrones.

GoT has better acting but I wouldn't say the acting in AC was bad, just mostly mediocre.

15 hours ago, Nolder said:

GoT has better acting but I wouldn't say the acting in AC was bad, just mostly mediocre.

I don't think that Altered Carbon had bad acting, just some specific examples (within that series overall) of ... less than stellar performances.  I'm not a licensed critic, and I don't even play one on TV, but I remember hearing myself groan audibly when an actor - or the direction/writing makes a scene unwatchable or groan-worthy. 

Having said that, I recall having read many critics hating on Emilia Clarke for her performance(s) within GOT at times.  Personally, I think many times it is poor writing or directing.  The blame should be spread around.  After all, NOONE can know/understand/emote everything.  People have limits, it's part of the human condition.

I should also say that if they do move forward with a second season, I'll probably watch it.

Really? I can't say I experienced that myself with AC.

I think the only problem I had with the show really was the romance between Takeshi and Quell.

It seemed kind of forced to me and their relationship felt very unnatural.

But it wasn't at the forefront except for maybe one episode so it's easy to overlook that.

I agree that the romance with Takeshi and Quell was forced.  To me it seemed they really didn't have any experience or background commonality to base it on... but I am also relying on memories from something I watch well over a month ago and didn't find to be all that memorable.  (As I age, I find it harder and harder to remember even what I did for supper yesterday - so take my statement on the basis for their relationship with a full shaker of salt)

TBH, if it entertains me, I'm good.  It can break the 4th wall (sometimes, even if it breaks the 4th AND the 3rd) I can forgive as long as I'm entertained.